Formula One world championship

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Agreed, they'd never get inside the 107% if they were that underpowered and if they have found that many ponies then they are going to win every race this year.
And if there's even the slightest chance it's true, then I for one welcome our new overlords. Honda beating seven shades of shit out of everyone would be:

1) Nostalgic overload
2) Fucking brilliant (see point 1 for emphasis) and..
3) Might just give us a World Champion who isn't a complete dickwhacker unlike the winners for the last.... 6 years on the trot.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone know which racers are going to be on Lame...sorry ten and which ones to fire up a dodgy stream for?

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Date F1
Friday, 18 March Formula 1: Rolex Australia Grand Prix Day 1, 11:30 to 19:30 on ONE
Saturday, 19 March Formula 1: Rolex Australia Grand Prix*Day 2, 10:00 to 18:30 on TEN + ONE
Sunday, 20 March Formula 1: Rolex Australia Grand Prix*Day 3, 10:00 to 18:00 on TEN
Sunday, 20 March Formula 1: Rolex Australia Grand Prix*Day 3, 10:00 to 18:30 on ONE*
Monday, 4 April F1: Bahrain Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Monday, 18 April F1: China Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE
Sunday, 1 May F1: Russia Race LIVE, 21:30 to 00:00 on TEN
Monday, 16 May F1: Spain race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE
Saturday, 29 May F1: Monaco Race LIVE, 21:30 to 00:00 on TEN*
Monday, 13 June F1: Canada Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Sunday, 19 June* F1: Europe, Baku Race LIVE, Time TBC on TEN
Monday, 4 July F1: Austria Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Sunday, 10 July F1: Britain Race LIVE, 21:30 to 00:00 on TEN
Monday, 25 July F1: Hungary race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Sunday, 31 July* F1: Germany Race LIVE, 21:30 to 00:00 on TEN
Monday, 29 August* F1: Belgium Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Sunday, 4 September* F1: Italy Race LIVE, 21:30 to 00:00 on TEN
Monday, 19 September* F1: Singapore Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE*
Sunday, 2 October* F1: Malaysia Race LIVE, 17:30 to 20:00 on ONE
Monday, 10 October* F1: Japan Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE
Monday, 24 October F1: USA Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE
Monday, 31 October F1: Mexico Race LIVE, 05:30 to 08:00 on ONE*
Monday, 14 November* F1: Brazli Race (Highlights), 21:30 to 22:30 on ONE
Sunday, 27 November F1: Abu Dhabi Race LIVE, 23:30 to 02:00 on TEN

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers for that...

I so jsut wish that they would just stream stuff live (as in F1 had their own pay for streaming service), liek the NBA...but then Bernie would probably be charging $10,000/year.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Ever since this stupid way Ten are telecasting the F1 and the way F1 has gone downhill steadily over the past 10 years i just couldnt be bothered anymore, if i happen to flick over and its on i may watch a little but thats it.....even then the racing it pretty boring, they might as well just be running single cars a round a track for 50 odd laps and the car with the quickest elapsed time wins....basically what happens now with bugger all over taking...

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Ever since this stupid way Ten are telecasting the F1 and the way F1 has gone downhill steadily over the past 10 years i just couldnt be bothered anymore, if i happen to flick over and its on i may watch a little but thats it.....even then the racing it pretty boring, they might as well just be running single cars a round a track for 50 odd laps and the car with the quickest elapsed time wins....basically what happens now with bugger all over taking...
Yeah, they need to do something so there's more over taking going on.

Maybe allowing more freedom as to the fuel flow amount or even allowing them the freedom to be able to change fuel flow on the fly, so if they need to overtake they could jack the fuel flow up for more power or whatever idk.

They should also allow them to blow through as many freaking tires as they wish haha.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The new Manor is the best looking car so far. A few of the others have paid some weird tribute to designs of the HRT's of days gone by and Force India? Well, they just wheeled out the same car as last year and will go around again.

On the subject of Manor, how well can they go this year? All new drivers, Mercedes power and some more funding above last years effort. I imagine their benchmark to chase would be Force India and even Williams as both are Mercedes powered.
Some changes at Toro Rosso too; they now run last year's Ferrari engine instead of the Renault. Can this be an edge for them? I reckon yes. In fact, I reckon Toro Rosso will be the stand out this year and one of those young cats will get a few podiums.
We can't expect too many changes but I reckon Ferrari will be a lot closer to Mercedes and we may have a bit of a fight for race wins. I bloody hope so!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think the Ferraris will be close enough to Mercedes to give them some headaches and hopefully force them into some poor decisions. I think it will expose Rosberg as well. I also see the Toro Rossos giving bloody noses to Williams who don't seem to be able to eke out the little gains that the others find over a season.

Red Bull? Better but not really a challenger save a couple of tight tracks.

I don't like the McLaren at all. But that is just me.

And Haas? I think they will be a surprise but running a Commodore might be a problem (VF16). ;)

akashra

Eats Squid
The new Manor is the best looking car so far.
I totally agree. Nice mix of blue, gloss red and matte red.

As for testing, hows the pace of the Haas entry! Certainly did not see that kind of pace coming from a brand new entry, that's damned impressive.

akashra

Eats Squid
Holy crap Haas are on the pace - less than 3 seconds off this time, and quicker than the Williams, Manor, McLaren, Renault and Toro Rosso. And yes, that was the day two order at the tail end - Manor being quicker than McLaren, Renault and STR!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
A new qualifying format is about to be introduced and it sounds awesome! Qualifying will be the highlight of the weekend now.
Formula One is set for a revised qualifying format this year with live elimination during the session to spice up the show.
The new format was agreed at a meeting in Geneva of the F1 Strategy Group and F1 Commission to discuss ways to make the sport more exciting. The agreement to change the format is targeted at mixing up grids without using artificial measures such as reversing the order.
The new rules will still see qualifying divided into three segments, with drivers expected to be on track throughout and eliminated during each session. The first session will last 16 minutes and after the first seven minutes a driver will be knocked out every 90 seconds until 15 are left. The same will apply in Q2 with further seven set to be knocked out by the same method until eight remain.
The final eight will then shoot it out with the eliminations starting again after the first five minutes until two cars are left on track battling for pole.
The new rules are likely to cause a few upsets at certain races and will offer action throughout the sessions.

stirk

Burner
They are desperate to make the sport more interesting.
A minor and gimmicky tweak to qualifying and louder exhausts may not be enough if the racing is the same.

Motogp racing is so much more entertaining with less restrictive rules and no pit stops.

Develop tyres to finish a race, fill the sucker will fuel and race, start to finish. All the pit stop strategy makes it far less exciting from a 'race' perspective. Geeky strategists love it though.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Times from day 1 and 2 are interesting. Mercedes looks to be sand bagging but I suspect Vettel and Dan are going for it since they were trading times. Renault faster than I expected and McLaren managed a couple of laps too. Will be interesting to see if Hambone is given the OK to stir it up since his team mate cut many laps.