Formula One world championship

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Rosberg drove Hamilton off the track. He's done it more than any other person on the planet and it causes accidents. In this case I'm not against it as it resulted in an interesting race for once but hearing the officials say it was no one's fault directly is pretty lame.
Vettel having a whinge about Dan going for the pass? For fucks sake, he had DRS cranking and you knew to look in your mirrors................der.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Vettel is having a good whinge of late (Russia was probably justified). Riccardo’s response was gold.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...p/news-story/280b20b451fe1205334f5e04ea4017f4

As for Rosberg and Hamilton the video in the link below is the best explanation I’ve seen. Looks like a bit of a stuff up and then an attempt to cover when the closing speed was high. Hamilton was always to going for the gap, and Rosberg’s cover wasn’t super late from a distance perspective, it was just the high closing speed which caught them out – racing incident, they happen.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...h/news-story/390bb079cff6809e5f5b1d8ad32a3c47

MARKL

Eats Squid
Daniel is faster than everyone this weekend. Great to see him on pole and hopefully get the win...if for no reason other than his helmet design

CjeTK7EXAAATuyw.jpg

MARKL

Eats Squid
Looking forward to next year the cars should look awesome with the new tyres.

"Formula One tyre suppliers Pirelli have presented their new tyres in 2017 size in Monte Carlo. As part of dramatic rule changes for next season, aimed at cutting lap times by around four seconds, tyres will be 25 percent wider than the current specification.
The front tyre, currently 245mm wide, will increase to 305mm, while the rear will grow from 325mm to 405mm. So the new sizes for slick tyres will be 305/670-13 at the front and 405/670-13 at the rear (the total diameter will go from the current 660mm to 670mm). Wheel rim diameter remains unchanged at 13 inches."

So front tyres will be nearly as wide as the current rear tyres :shocked: getting back to how a F1 car should look now they just need to fix up the noise and should be good.

F1 Pirelli.jpg

Trickymac

Likes Dirt
fucking redbull, goddam they threw that away, really feel for dan, hes a beast of a driver
shitstain hamiltons best mate is bieber...says it all really
good work from force india/perez

Hew

Likes Dirt
Don't agree with the stewards. I reckon Hamilton should have let Ricardo pass. How 'bout that car control from Ricardo when Hamilton forced him off line though?!

I think that's the first time I've seen Ricardo actually angry about something! Rightfully so, though - that tyre incident. What were they doing?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
As much as I am disappointed because Dan owned that track this weekend this and Barcelona will make him a better racer. He has huge talent but was missing a bit of mongrel. He's got that now.

The rain was unfortunate. The strategy of setting a faster time on supersofts in Q2 was a master stroke.

Bring on the next round.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If Dan wasn't in F1, I would not have watched it for the last three years. He got fucked over in Spain and he the Monaco thing was horrible. I hung around to see Dan's reaction getting out of the car and what did we get? Hamilton fingering some other hipster looking fuckwit that was born in the 2000's. What was with that shit? What.......ah forget it, F1 is just a fashion parade with moving billboards nowadays.

Who else only managed a couple of hours sleep and watched the Indy 500? It was as great as ever and no result is a sure thing until the checker flag comes out. Rossi was quick in the pack and had car speed to stay with the front runners then managed to have enough gas to cross the line in first! There were some standout efforts in the race; Townsend Bell ran strong until the pit lane incident, Munoz was gutted to come second and Newgarden the same. Surprisingly, the Penske car's were all well off the pace.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If Dan wasn't in F1, I would not have watched it for the last three years. He got fucked over in Spain and he the Monaco thing was horrible. I hung around to see Dan's reaction getting out of the car and what did we get? Hamilton fingering some other hipster looking fuckwit that was born in the 2000's. What was with that shit? What.......ah forget it, F1 is just a fashion parade with moving billboards nowadays.

Who else only managed a couple of hours sleep and watched the Indy 500? It was as great as ever and no result is a sure thing until the checker flag comes out. Rossi was quick in the pack and had car speed to stay with the front runners then managed to have enough gas to cross the line in first! There were some standout efforts in the race; Townsend Bell ran strong until the pit lane incident, Munoz was gutted to come second and Newgarden the same. Surprisingly, the Penske car's were all well off the pace.
Had a few too many beers last night and slept in, missing Monaco (it was on at 6am), missed the Indy 500 too as had to drive to Texas but at least I managed to arrive in time for the last 30 laps of NASCAR at Charlotte. Gutted for Dan's pit stop stuff up but it sounds like Hamilton made one hell of a go of defending position.

Tbh, Im not surprised he's hanging around with Biebs. They're both annoying twats who make shit music and are fairly heavily into the whole god-bothering thing

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Like too many of the tracks now with the current F1 cars, the only place to overtake in Monarco when your cars are pretty even is in the pits.
If Formula One was about pure racing then they wouldn't try to even the cars on the grid's performance, they'd leave it as it is with the big spenders at the top and award points for qualifying then do reverse grid races. That'd be interesting but the chances of that happening are as likely as Ayrton Senna winning another championship.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Congratulations are in order for F1 decision makers who have been awarded for their effort in picking a layout for the most boring F1 street circuit ever. Holy fuck, this Baku circuit is atrocious! I guess the upside is a new circuit may provide a few unpredictable moments but we're bound to see a pile up.