Formula One world championship

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Why would you bother with Foxtel? I feel lucky to only have access to 10 races.

$600 for twice the boredom, no thanks.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I missed the whole thing because I spent too long digging turmeric. Sounds like I had the better time of it.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
The Australian Grand Prix’s new title sponsor is Captain Snooze.

I think the highlight was Lewis spraying champagne through the window of the corporate suite.

It could be a long year for Dan.

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
What exactly made it so boring?

Sorry for asking I missed it while out riding my bike.
When I turned it on after 7 laps there was only 13 cars left. By the end of the race I think there was 10 cars on track with nothing going on. No big surges from anyone and very few passes. Seb put it a few fast laps to spank Massa after he stopped. That was about it.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
What exactly made it so boring?

Sorry for asking I missed it while out riding my bike.
There werent even any battles for position, it was basically a couple of hours of just driving. Its actually did put me to sleep, although it maybe have been more of a hangover induced coma i think...

And also dont worry you dont have to lie about riding your bike we have all now accepted that nobody on this forum actually rides.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
There werent even any battles for position, it was basically a couple of hours of just driving. Its actually did put me to sleep, although it maybe have been more of a hangover induced coma i think...

And also dont worry you dont have to lie about riding your bike we have all now accepted that nobody on this forum actually rides.
You have a very interesting way of not watching F1 anymore.......

stirk

Burner
Ah ok, no cars left, hardly any over taking, all down to pit strategy, mmm, sounds like why I switched off F1 years ago!

My trip down the M7 & M2 on Saturday around lunch time sounds like it was more exciting, had my heart pounding a few times and my middle finger cramped from being over used!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Not enough cars on the track for a start. The fields already reduced to 10 teams and Manor not being race-ready meant that there were only 9 teams on the grid. Bottas knackered his back during quali and the FIA wouldn't let them use a reserve driver so that reduced the grid to 17 cars. Then Magnusson's Mclaren and Kvyat's Red Bull both shat themselves on the warm-up lap so only 15 cars were able to start.
Maldonadon't crashed out on turn 2 on the first lap, both Renaults retired and the rest of the pack were spread so far apart you would think that Mercedes and Mclaren were racing different series!

No real overtaking - there's talk of faster cars struggling to get behind the slower car in front again and not even the Mercs could give us a bit of in-team racing to keep things interesting.

Also a big group of the fans at the podium ceremony were being fucking dicks, booing everyone presumably just because it wasn't Danny Ricciardo up there.

About the only highlights were (and I can't believe I'm away to say this) Ferrari and Sauber getting up near the pointy end -which at least means that one non-Merc engine supplier has been paying attention- and the podium interviews being conducted by Arnie.

Sadly we never got to see him interview Toto Wolff. That would have been hilarious!

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dear oh dear. If i had tickets to Malaysia I wouldn’t even bother going. Even Dan was bored – “I was struggling for things to do in the car”.

The only way to move up a place was if the car in front blew up or the rear left wasn’t put back on properly!

1. Nico falling asleep after the safety car set the tone of the race. If he was in DRS range it may have been interesting.
2. Vettel is very happy in that Ferrari. Or is it “ve-tel” (as webber kept saying?!)
3. Ferrari have just moved ahead of Redbull and Williams, not because they are faster but because the others are slower!
4. It looked like no one was trying at all – Dan got up to Nasr with 20 laps to go, realised he couldn’t pass so backed off and limped around knowing that Hulkenberg was still a minute behind him. Must have been to save the engine.
5. Both Lotus’s out in the opening lap – that sucked, was looking forward to both drivers crashing into others later in the race.
6. A Sauber beating out a Redbull – easily. And after the weekend they had – that’s a top effort, but also says more about the Redbull than the Sauber. Nasr looks to know what he’s doing – good on him.
7. Poor Jenson must have thought he had a Civic engine in that thing (did he?) Perez’s overtake fail was my race highlight.