Formula One world championship

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to say the paint scheme of the McLaren's is very underwhelming, looks like they couldn't be bothered doing it properly!

willsy01

Eats Squid
I think i've almost lost patience with F1 and it's take up of digital media. If I did as bad a job as they do of their website and apps, i'd be fired.

They released the updated iOS and Android apps on Wednesday and charge $33.99 and $32.66 respectively for premium access. Without this, the app is essentially useless. This is about 3 times more than it was last by the way. Naturally, there was a rush with people paying up so there were issues with being able to do that.

Today rolls around and they decide it's a good day to unveil a beta version of their new site.......yes, ON THE DAY of the opening GP. On there, they're offering 1 month free access to all the premium features which mentions that it will tie in to the mobile apps but that it's only "coming soon". So you can still get the full live timing on the the website for a month for free......OK, I can handle that. So you sign up but there are billing problems and the live timing doesn't work until a few minutes before the first session finishes on both the website and the mobile apps.

Fucking brilliant Formula One Management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Latest update on the Sauber debacle is that there's talk of a custodial sentence being imposed on Monisha Kaltenborn for contempt! There's apparently going to be a court decision due in an hour or so.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Latest update on the Sauber debacle is that there's talk of a custodial sentence being imposed on Monisha Kaltenborn for contempt! There's apparently going to be a court decision due in an hour or so.
More interesting than first practice, that's for sure.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I have to say the paint scheme of the McLaren's is very underwhelming, looks like they couldn't be bothered doing it properly!
My initial impression was the same but I now reckon it's the best on the grid. It's not as good as the 2010 McLaren but still good.

You gotta feel for Nasr and Erickson, getting caught up in this shitfight is surely hurting any chance they have of getting a good innings in. Some people are crying for Kaltenborn to be removed and Old Pete step back in.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Good on Guido for taking them on. Sounds like he's been royally rogered because someone has come in with more cash.

As for the Super license, they cost around €10K, so why would you pay up intill sure of a seat. He never made a secret of not having one during the court proceedings.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The more updates we get, the more it seems as though Kaltenborn might have the first four letters of her name changed to something beginning with "C"...............

stirk

Burner
Ahhhh I love that! I think it's a good way to announce to everyone that F1 is in town. I always stay in the city and I make sure that I'm outside at that time on the Thursday and lap it up, it's an amazing sound bouncing through the city.

I had a small tiff with a protester one year, in the 1990's when the race started mid afternoon. It was the Sunday of the event, we got off the tram around 10am at gate 1 and went for a stroll away from the circuit towards the bay for a look. The fuckers were setting up near the little underpass and one of them made the mistake of coming to me with attitude and throwing a placard in my face. I pusher the fucker into the garden and recommended he go to a travel agent and leave town for four days instead of imposing on people's choice of interests. One younger girl led the charge of a bunch of other protesters and they came running at me, I didn't know what to expect next but was ready to keep shifting them into the garden but the kind Policeman controlling traffic at the nearby lights came bowling over after the race going crowd starting cheering me on and he shoved a few into the waste height railing! They turned on the copper and while he wasn't watching I shifted another one over the small fence into the garden. Got a bloody good cheer I did! The punters loved it. ;)
Haha you got the last push that's a funny story!

stirk

Burner
I'm am F1 fan, have been for over 35 years but when an old school loud F1 hits the track at 7:35 am, it's no wonder some around here don't like it!

It happens every year from Thursday on and continues to mystify me as to why.
What's this old school car that goes around the track at 7:35am about?

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Monisha Kaltenborn is getting hammered at the team Principals press conference. The term "spirit broken" would be an understatement. Kinda feel sorry for her TBH.