Fiddy Cents?

\m/ Moshboy \m/

Likes Dirt
Cleaning out the olds garage & stumbled across a few of the below 50 cent pieces. Had it appraised by a stamp & coin operation at the local shopping centre at $4 a pop, for anybody in the know, does this sound fair?

If not, any recommendations on where to offload these & get a better price?

1701041628886.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Cleaning out the olds garage & stumbled across a couple hundred of the below 50 cent pieces. Had it appraised by a stamp & coin operation at the local shopping centre at $4 a pop, for anybody in the know, does this sound fair?

If not, any recommendations on where to offload these & get a better price?

View attachment 404812
Those pricks will always offer a lowball price. Then flip them for at least double.

Or as my father in law says about such people:
"Are we buying, or are we selling?"

Check eBay prices, for an estimate of value, but don't necessarily sell via them.

Maybe try a dedicated Facebook group?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My father had a 1930 penny that he found and kept up to his death. The penny was in used circualted condition but was still pretty decent. He had a fair collection of coins but nothing notable other than the penny and a few old silver coins. Collection was supposed to come to me. It did. Somehow the 1930 penny had evaporated. I know where it went but what do you do? Especially when the suspect who had no money and still possess fewer brain synapses that a run over possum starts driving a nice shiny new hilux 4wd.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
My father had a 1930 penny that he found and kept up to his death. The penny was in used circualted condition but was still pretty decent. He had a fair collection of coins but nothing notable other than the penny and a few old silver coins. Collection was supposed to come to me. It did. Somehow the 1930 penny had evaporated. I know where it went but what do you do? Especially when the suspect who had no money and still possess fewer brain synapses that a run over possum starts driving a nice shiny new hilux 4wd.
A modern 5c coin will reduce the value of the shiny hilux :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
A lot of the valuations are BS, you have to find a collector that really wants it for their collection. Looks like it's got a rim strike error also.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I want to see @\m/ Moshboy \m/ all up in the club sipping Bacardi and setting these silver pirate coins on fire!