everything has an upside.....stay positive baby!

lucky13

Likes Dirt
I like to believe kharma loves me, so i'm a glass is 3/4 full kinda fella.
And in an attempt to spread some lucky-love, here's my afternoon full of finding the positive in everything:

I decided to go for a ride after work today and seeing as Glenrock is on the way home, it got the nod.

So i park the truck, unload and ride through the gates smiling (thinking mother nature loves me too).

I hit the first trail that runs along side the fire-road in.
I case every jump, land in every puddle i try to bunny-hop and finally wash out on the first quick corner i come to.....well whatdaya know, there's five bucks laying right next me...SCORE!!!

I go out onto the fire-road along to the next downhill trail (garden path)and turn down it.
I'm slipping and sliding all over the place but make it out smiling.

Next trail down (creek gap)and i decide it's time to hit the big double that's been laughing at me every time i ride past it....i case it bad, could've been very ugly but i got out of it fine. no bumps, no bruises, balls fine....all good....i ride away pumped that i finally had a crack at the big jerk.

On to the third trail (dippers)and by now i'm warmed up and flying.
I'm hitting everything better than i ever have.
Then suddenly i'm laying on my back again. hmmm.....thought i was a bit close to that tree...but how fast was i going...WOOHOO!!!

Back up to the top. Still pumped i turn straight back down it and i'm flying again and lovin life....i go over the drop a bit funny...hmmm....forks feel a bit crap now, but i'm happy as that i landed it (i blew a seal, but the bike shop was still open on the way home...another positive...sweeeet).

I make my way back to the first trail (garden path) and i'm still slipping about but am loving it.
I get to the steepish part, hit a big dumb rock and i'm flying again (this time over the bars).
Somehow i do some weird-arse sommersault, land flat on my feet and run a few metres before i can stop...when i stop, there's some cool curled up leaves for me to step on (gotta love that sound).

Think i'm pushing my luck now, so i piss-off.

So i drive to the bike shop to drop off my goat, where i find out it's a warranty job...nice.

On the drive home, the slightly annoying sound of the foam esky still in the back from a few days ago is forgotten about when i realise there's still beer in it...and it's still cold!!!!

When i get home i find my dvd player has been returned from the manufacturer unfixed....could've been a bummer, but the box was filled with bubble-wrap for me and my boy to fight over....excellent.

Bit of a rambling mess, i know, but if you look hard enough you'll find the positive in almost anything.
And i believe that's the secret to a good life.

So post up your tales of all things positive and keep the good kharma alive.
My story is mostly pushie stuff, but make it about whatever gives you good vibes.

cheers, big ears.

lucky.

Last edited:

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
diggin holes in the ground at work with no shirt on, bad sunburn and pain, tan...win. haha kinda lame i know

work:mad: money:cool: ride:D the circle of my life

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Double Maths... Ready to go columbine on everyone's ass, Dean walks up and says, hey will, you weren't here on monday, so you havn't got your science mark, you got 92/95 on your exam.

Yes, my life is lame, but i just pwned a science exam.

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love your work Lucky.

Great post, great read,

Me - well, it's gonna be fine tomorrow so I get to ride to work. Another happy note - the wife's been drinking so I may just end up Lucky tonight;)

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
Lucky I'm so glad you got your username before someone else got it. For some reason all your OT threads are inspiring.

EDIT: From the stories i have heard you found the lucky side of bad things. Lucky Side= Lucky and Bad= 13. Explaining the username.

Last edited:

lucky13

Likes Dirt
diggin holes in the ground at work with no shirt on, bad sunburn and pain, tan...win. haha kinda lame i know
not lame dude....you nailed it!
I think we should share a cold one some time ;)
anytime my brother. i drink way better than i ride:D
when is that book coming out?
haha!!! as soon as Rennie mans up and excepts my deathrace challenge i can finish it (every hero must die):D

Another happy note - the wife's been drinking so I may just end up Lucky tonight;)
sweeeeet....i bet that's why mrs lucky is looking at me funny (5 beers and i get all handsome):D.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Lucky, you are a master of interesting off-topic threads, respect :) I really feel more cheerful after reading that!

'Ross

Eats Squid
Copped like $300 in fines, missed my important uni class....my opinions and attitudes towards the police force are reinforced?

Im not very good at this:eek:

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
bad:find out i have a business test tommorrow i havent studied for
good: i have a test from a previos person from another class i can look at for "guidence"
bad: get punched in the face
good: punched him back in the face

I LOVE LIFE!!:p

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Excellent thread.

Lucky's definately a winner. I have the same outlook 99%, the other 1% of the time I want to kill, fuck, smash anything surrounding me.

Love you lucky.

Plow King

Little bit.
Excellent thread.

Lucky's definately a winner. I have the same outlook 99%, the other 1% of the time I want to kill, fuck, smash anything surrounding me.

Love you lucky.
Let me know when you have. (... 24 X 60 = 1440 - 1440/100...) 14.4 minutes spare ;)