Erica MTB Park

AshR

Likes Dirt
The dude at Lysterfield told me about this place (after I turned up there to find it was all shut... yeah I know, should have checked the forums...) so will def be checking Erica out next free weekend. Ash, when we going??!
Good work guys for developing more places to ride!
Sunday 20th or the weekend of the 26-27th March?

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
Fuel Reduction Burn 19 Mar 11

DSE are conducting a fuel reduction burn tomorrow (19 March) in the Collins Siding or southern part of the Erica MTB Park.

Trails closed will be Axemen, Roots and All, and Scream.

Sorry for the late notice. It is all we got from DSE.

Hopefully we will get in on Sunday and check these trails for fallen branches etc.

There is no impact to Crazy Snake, Bones, SSS's, and Berries. So for this weekend, stick to the Mill Park trails and Berries.

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
are the southern Erica Trails open for this weekend?
All trails will be open. We have been through the bit that was burnt (mainly on Axemen)and there are no problems. A couple of fallen trees to saw off but that will be done by the weekend.

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
awesome!

is there preferred direction for doing Axeman, Roots, Crazy Snake and Bones, or they good either way?
Roots and All should be ridden anti-clockwise.
Axemen is usually ridden anti-clockwise but can be done in reverse.
Crazy Snake and Bones are designed clockwise but can be mixed up and done in parts or totally either way.
SSS's is best clockwise, or just mess around on the singletrail sections near Crazy Snake.
Scream really only works anti-clockwise. Can't climb descent in reverse. Even riden correct way, climb is a test that makes your lungs burst.
Berries probably clockwise, or ride either way out to Axemen.

darkxst

Squid
thanks for the info, Fattrax!

How about Blores Hill, I am guessing from the map this is best done anti-clockwise?

darkxst

Squid
Rain?

So I am hearing it absolutely pissed down around the area last night, do you think the trails will drain ok by the weekend?

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
Darkxst,
I don't have any official info on Blores Hill, other than it being beside Weir Rd north of Heyfield. There are lots of trails there. I think they are informal, although the last time I was there, trails were numbered. Try searching for Blores Hill, there might be other info out there.

The Erica MTB Park has got some rain but I was out doing some maintenance on Scream yesterday and the trails were damp but fine. Should be no issue by the weekend.

The eastern side of SSS's holds a bit of water. We are trying to get some drainage happening there.

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
New trail coming soon.

We have just planned out and marked a new descent trail that should suit the fast trail/AM type rider.

It takes off from Scream and will end up joining with Roots and All with very little climbing. Will be able to shuttle with a 4wd too.

Check for updates for when it opens.

FuelXC

Likes Bikes
Which side is easier to follow the trails? Heading out tomorrow AM and not sure which side to ride. Whatever side is easier to find the trails (and stay on them) as I know they just got the signs and probably haven't had time to put them in

(BTW, if you need more signs I could fund some)

Fattrax

Likes Bikes
Which side is easier to follow the trails? Heading out tomorrow AM and not sure which side to ride. Whatever side is easier to find the trails (and stay on them) as I know they just got the signs and probably haven't had time to put them in

(BTW, if you need more signs I could fund some)
Hope you made it down here and hit some trails. Didn't see your post till now as I was too busy eating hot cross buns and easter eggs.

We have signs for all the current trails, just have to dig holes and put them in. For new trails, we will be back looking for $ to cover them, so any offer is welcome.

By the way, the new all mountain type trail will be built in 3 sections. Each able to be shuttled as we finish them. First section half finished. Will be called Winch Line. Get in now for your say on how hard, fast, steep etc you all want it.

cinetico5

Cannon Fodder
Easter Monday

I rode most of the trails at Erica yesterday and was impressed with what I saw for a new MTB park. Using the map at the start of this thread, I parked in town and rode across to the Mill Park trails first and rode Crazy Snake and Bones. There is climbing involved, but gradual climbs, winding up the slope leading to nice flowing downhill sections that are real fun.

SSS's is mostly fireroad apart from some sweet singletrack descents down to the railtrail. The fireroad adjacent to the C481 has a lot of huge puddles that required some walking around.

Next, I went down to the southern trails and rode Axeman and Roots and All, both of these trails have some great downhill sections and also some climbing to regain the lost elevation. The trails here look to be less used but are really fun to ride. In one section you ride through a bunch of low ferns making the trail nearly invisible, but cool to ride through.

I ran out of time to ride Scream and Berries.

Overall, the guys working on this park are doing a great job and it is definitely worth heading out for a day trip. I could also see trail maintenance had occurred and can say apart from SSS's fireroad, all the singletrack was well drained and dry.

FuelXC

Likes Bikes
Well had a great day out at the park, ran into another pair on the bones trail. The trails have arrows so I assume we rode them the wrong way. The initial bit was very steep going in the wrong direction (for a warm up that is).

I didn't seem to think a heap of the trail was fire road. You did cross it a fair bit and had to look for the next entrance, but I loved it.

Didn't make it to the southern bit unfortunately. Can't wait to see more!

Easter Break

Rode the tracks up at Erica over the Easter break and had a chat with a few other riders using the trails. It’s very encouraging to see plenty of riders using and enjoying the trails. You keep riding them, we’ll keep building them. Signs will be going up very soon.

shakes

Likes Dirt
Have spent a bit of time in rawson 4x4'ing in the area and riding moto's.

Can't wait till time allows me to get up there to ride this absolutely love the area.

Do you guys have any drama's with moto's coming through the park?

As for riding idea's I love long flowy fast berms with medium size smooth doubles that you can manual over... Throwback from my bmx days. Next to nothing like that around melbourne that I have found.

pirate69

Likes Bikes
sweet

went out there the other weekend and had an absolute ball. good tracks for sure, would be nice to have a little more sinage, but i guess thats what you need volunteers for. if the guys are planning a dig anytime soon let us know . great p[lace with heaps of potential

anth69

Likes Dirt
Have spent a bit of time in rawson 4x4'ing in the area and riding moto's.

Can't wait till time allows me to get up there to ride this absolutely love the area.

Do you guys have any drama's with moto's coming through the park?

As for riding idea's I love long flowy fast berms with medium size smooth doubles that you can manual over... Throwback from my bmx days. Next to nothing like that around melbourne that I have found.
Lysterfield has some new berms and smallish jumps? ( blair witch trail that drops onto dam wall ) the guys are doing a great job with upgrades , I hope to get down and chip in when the downhill series finishes soon