Electronics help

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
speed yes everything else no, 23ov ac in put, fark all torque pissy and little, thats really more for a clock

0psi

Eats Squid
movement incriments? umm not having incriments, i dont want a stepped movemnt i has to be one smooth fluid motion, not stepping involved, sorry but its not what i'm after, i can so stepped time lapes by hand
If you are doing a proper time lapse it won't matter anyway as you're using still images.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
what about a 12volt rotisserie motor with a suitable pot for varying the input voltage, i think they are rated for about 8 to 10kg's

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what about a 12volt rotisserie motor with a suitable pot for varying the input voltage, i think they are rated for about 8 to 10kg's
good idea! but..... to big and to fast! i need a high torque, compact, slow motor, i know a dam near impossible thing to make but the afore mentioned 1rpm motor suits pretty well!

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Think about it like analog and digital signals. What you want is analog. One constant motion. Like analog sound. Digital is a bunch of tiny increments which result in an almost indistinguishable signal. If you make the resolution (increments) high enough it will approach analog resolution.

My only other suggestion would be to look at telescope tracking rigs?

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok people i get it you can take photos and use them as a time laps, thats not what i want to do, i would like video, just how i want it done ok,

yeh but how can i make a motor with a 3d printer? or are you talking about the gears? if so i've done some more reseach decide that gears are way to fuck off expensive so i'll use a small belt drive lik in a cassette deck, than i can work out ratios and so on and make pulleys to suit

Bermshot

Banned
Yep, I meant gears. Old school tape deck gears might work but you'll have to speak to Otto on Corrisant.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, I meant gears. Old school tape deck gears might work but you'll have to speak to Otto on Corrisant.
sly dog, a fellow man of the force..... nar i'll just canbabalise my old AWAI AD-WX200 Z tape deck and use the guts of it!

LJohn

Likes Dirt
ok people i get it you can take photos and use them as a time laps, thats not what i want to do, i would like video, just how i want it done ok,

yeh but how can i make a motor with a 3d printer? or are you talking about the gears? if so i've done some more reseach decide that gears are way to fuck off expensive so i'll use a small belt drive lik in a cassette deck, than i can work out ratios and so on and make pulleys to suit
I thought it might be video from the OP, but you still shoot at a certain number of FPS? If you can step at a fraction of a degree between shots you would actually get a clearer image since it isn't exposing a moving shot. At least that's what my thought process is telling me? Think rather than a continuous sweep of 360 degrees, 10, 50 or even 100 increments per degree so you would have incredibly small steps.

I just did a quick google, and telescope tracking drives use stepper motors.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hang on..you want high torque, but you are gonna use old pulleys from some busted arse old tape deck..Hmmmm!
well if the camera mount is heavily weighted but spins smoothly on its bearings not a huge amount of torqure is needed and belt drive and put out alot of torque if done right, btw i was also thinking of using a toothed belt potentially

Just buy a big ass egg timer.
as in the glass things you turn over and sand pours into the other end? or the little thing that goes tick when you wind it up? in anycase its no good because i'm 99% sure they're sring loaded

I thought it might be video from the OP, but you still shoot at a certain number of FPS? If you can step at a fraction of a degree between shots you would actually get a clearer image since it isn't exposing a moving shot. At least that's what my thought process is telling me? Think rather than a continuous sweep of 360 degrees, 10, 50 or even 100 increments per degree so you would have incredibly small steps.

I just did a quick google, and telescope tracking drives use stepper motors.
this is true but the rate at which it will me moving motion blur isn't really aconcern, you know at 1rph it's not moving real quick and 100 incriments a degree sounds like a fuck hard taske which i'm not prepared to nut out

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please use capitals and full stops.

So let me get this straight, you want approximately one hour per rotation from a motor?