Electric Vehicles etc

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it's going to revolutionise low speed areas where tire noise is not an issue. You can sit at a streetside cafe with no fumes and little noise
might have been earlier on this thread, and i have nothing to back it up, but i recall reading that the cross over point where tyre noise is more then engine noise is quote low, around 30km/h. i guess thats some cafe strips but not most.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
might have been earlier on this thread, and i have nothing to back it up, but i recall reading that the cross over point where tyre noise is more then engine noise is quote low, around 30km/h. i guess thats some cafe strips but not most.
Not including modified exhausts and trucks and motorbikes. Even at higher speeds, there is still plenty of noise reduction to be had :)

Haakon

Fuck you Toyota… and the morons that believe this crap.

“Given Australia’s unique conditions, vehicles need to be developed to a higher severity rating which require ladder frame chassis to navigate Australian roads which inherently increases vehicle mass (adding up to 300kg).”

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Fuck you Toyota… and the morons that believe this crap.

“Given Australia’s unique conditions, vehicles need to be developed to a higher severity rating which require ladder frame chassis to navigate Australian roads which inherently increases vehicle mass (adding up to 300kg).”

They know their morons...[cough] sorry, margins.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I wish someone would build a full size ute with a standard chassis, I don't see the point of a ladder chassis for the majority of personal use cases.

Haakon

Ford Maverick...[ohgodno]
That doesn’t look too bad actually. Available with a hybrid system (bought in from Toyota I think…?) and a not obscene size. As far as these things go I’d rather see these on the road than a bloody Ranger. Safer, less dangerous to everyone else on the road etc.

Last edited: