Electric Vehicles etc

climberman

Likes Dirt
What does everyone have for home charging?

We’re using the 10a granny charger for now, but want a 32a/7kw home charger installed. Got quotes for Zappi, Wallbox and ZJ Beny and really not sure which the best option is. Not sure I can really be bothered with solar optimisation, we’ll probably just try and plug in during the day where possible. Would prefer an untethered unit so I can take the cable on trips away in case I need to use a charger with DIY cable.
we got a 15A socket and dedicated line installed. Around $500 parts and labour. We've a Leaf with a 20kW battery so the overall need isn't huge.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'd think at a supercharger in a shopping plaza carpark you'd be able to find food at 230 ina. Saturday. Not at narooma, ended up grabbing some hot cross buns from the supermarket. Normally plan breaks around charging so this wasn't the best way to spend 45 minutes.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
You'd think at a supercharger in a shopping plaza carpark you'd be able to find food at 230 ina. Saturday. Not at narooma, ended up grabbing some hot cross buns from the supermarket. Normally plan breaks around charging so this wasn't the best way to spend 45 minutes.
I’m more surprised you were able to find a charger there , wonder whose using it the other 11 months of the year outside the holiday period.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What does everyone have for home charging?

We’re using the 10a granny charger for now, but want a 32a/7kw home charger installed. Got quotes for Zappi, Wallbox and ZJ Beny and really not sure which the best option is. Not sure I can really be bothered with solar optimisation, we’ll probably just try and plug in during the day where possible. Would prefer an untethered unit so I can take the cable on trips away in case I need to use a charger with DIY cable.
I have a Tesla wall charger and we have a 15A outlet (we have a model 3 and a 40kw leaf import) the tethered charger is handy, much more so than having to unplug both ends each time I would say. I did buy a Type 2 to type 2 cable I have used this very rarely indeed. 2-3 times in 2 years. Have used the portable EVSE that comes with Tesla many times but that is because I use at a holiday house which has a 5 pin 32A outlet. Tesla wall charger may well be cheapest option too.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m more surprised you were able to find a charger there , wonder whose using it the other 11 months of the year outside the holiday period.
Just browsing maps and see some in wierd places until you zoom out and see t he grid is very well covered at 2 hiur intervals. Eg jerry's Plains is a non existant village on a backroad in the hunter with 6 chargers but fills a gap 2 hours from Newcastle to Dubbo.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Just browsing maps and see some in wierd places until you zoom out and see t he grid is very well covered at 2 hiur intervals. Eg jerry's Plains is a non existant village on a backroad in the hunter with 6 chargers but fills a gap 2 hours from Newcastle to Dubbo.
There are six EV chargers at Jerrys Plain!? Edit: Ah yes...Hollydene Winery. A destination venue. Good business decision on their part...

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Been past it hundreds of times over the years. Never felt tempted to drop in. Of course, it we ever stumped up the cash for a Tesla... we'd have to.
that's what they're hoping... targeting a certain demographic.. that will have to sit around for a while charging...

now chargers at trail heads..... you'll be there a couple hours anyway... makes sense

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that's what they're hoping... targeting a certain demographic.. that will have to sit around for a while charging...

now chargers at trail heads..... you'll be there a couple hours anyway... makes sense
You'll barely have time to taste a few reds, definitely not enough time for a ride with a supercharger, destination chargers at trailheads would be awesome though!