Electric Vehicles etc

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Entered a mountain bike race on the weekend. A pretty low key local affair I treated more of a social outing. Did terribly as I’m old broken and out of shape, but had fun
:)

The club had a gazebo set up for rider registration that needed a laptop, there was timing equipment that needed power, a fridge for cold drinks and a pa for a bit music and for the rider briefing and prizes announcements.

All powered by a BYD Atto
:)

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I've started seeing shots of production Cybertrucks in the US. The one with the bike is supposedly a Tesla employee who had one for testing, and the one in the video is on display in a Tesla showroom that's in a mall

Apparently the official launch is on the 30th of this month

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I've started seeing shots of production Cybertrucks in the US. The one with the bike is supposedly a Tesla employee who had one for testing, and the one in the video is on display in a Tesla showroom that's in a mall

Apparently the official launch is on the 30th of this month
It really needs those rubber things from Bunnings you put on the corner of tables to stop your toddlers banging their heads on sharp corners.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I hope Rivian and Lucid creams them in the SUV market. Hopefully we will get to see them here eventually.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I'm interested to see what Lucid does with their next model. They are very high end at the moment with just the Air and the upcoming Gravity models.

Will cart an MTB though so it must be good! :p
1700536921084.png

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Cybertruck, idiotic
Yep

Meanwhile Hyundai are still taking the piss with pricing:

The last twelve months:
“No discounts, we can’t keep up with demand!”

Today:
“9 months worth of stock to clear.”

lol. Eat shit Hyundai.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
I don't get the hate? Can anyone watch the video pan over the side of the Cybertruck, and honestly say that they are not impressed?
Maybe people don't understand what it must take to build a vehicle out of 3mm stainless steel, that looks that well finished

It might end up being a lemon, but they really are making stainless steel monocoque dual cab utes! Is anyone really thinking that it's not a big achievement???

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
WTF, why are the panels 3mm thick? o_O

@andrew9 - do I find it impressive? Honestly no, not at all. I think it’s an unnecessary material to choose for a car body as witnessed by the comically long development time. I mean if I wanted a car the same size, weight, and appearance as a commercial kitchen - maybe I’d be keen. But I don’t.

Unless you’re obsessed with having a paint-free exterior, what’s the advantage over modern alloy steels? (And well, then I’d want a titanium panelled car instead anyway… :p)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
WTF, why are the panels 3mm thick? o_O

@andrew9 - do I find it impressive? Honestly no, not at all. I think it’s an unnecessary material to choose for a car body as witnessed by the comically long development time. I mean if I wanted a car the same size, weight, and appearance as a commercial kitchen - maybe I’d be keen. But I don’t.

Unless you’re obsessed with having a paint-free exterior, what’s the advantage over modern alloy steels? (And well, then I’d want a titanium panelled car instead anyway… :p)
Aluminium and composite to get the lard out. Shirley it isn't 3mm thick? I couldn't be arsed watching elon propaganda.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I Hambo’d it, apparently it is. I lol’d.
Sooooo many better materials. Even ozzy's love for the delorian would suffer if he had to maintain one. I love the matte finish on AMGs and Ms but the upkeep! If I did go that way it would be a wrap. Rip it off after 4 years when it gets shiny spots.