dope

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A guy i used to know is currently in juvenile detention for violent assault. He was on the down side of an ice high. He was selling some drug (valium?), the guy who was buying took the money and wouldn't pay. The guy I knew went and stole a meat cleaver, found the thief and cut off half his hand. His life is now irreversibly changed.
That's Ice though, you can hardly put it in the same league as pot.

Disturbed.Rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My grandfather worked in a mental hospital. He had patients there who were vegetables, schizophrenic or with a whole host of issues from drug use. There were people who were long term users of all the drugs mentioned here, there were people had had their minds permanentaly ravaged after one round, either from allergic reaction or using a drug cut with something strange.

A guy i used to know is currently in juvenile detention for violent assault. He was on the down side of an ice high. He was selling some drug (valium?), the guy who was buying took the money and wouldn't pay. The guy I knew went and stole a meat cleaver, found the thief and cut off half his hand. His life is now irreversibly changed.

If people want to use drugs it is their choice and I won't grudge them that. But it scares the hell out of me when people say "drug x has no long term effects" or "i know a guy who does drug x all the time and he turned out fine".

I'm not negating the fact that even one hit of a drug can have irriversable life changing concequences.
If you'll read one of my earlier posts I said that it's the individuals fault, not the drugs, if their drug use gets out of hand.

Every persons mind is differant, some people can push theirs further than others.
I know what I can handle and if one day I choose to push it too far then I will glady bear the consequence.

In a perfect world people would be trustworthy enough to enjoy drugs and not use their drug induced super human abilities for evil.

Marijuana is a peaceful drug, the path to peace with pot is acceptance, not abolishment. However I am for the abolishment of all or most kitchen drugs-that's not to say I dont enjoy them, but they do lead to a lot of fucked up things.

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I'm not negating the fact that even one hit of a drug can have irriversable life changing concequences.
If you'll read one of my earlier posts I said that it's the individuals fault, not the drugs, if their drug use gets out of hand.

Every persons mind is differant, some people can push theirs further than others.
I know what I can handle and if one day I choose to push it too far then I will glady bear the consequence.
Where my grandfather worked it wasn't even people pushing their use to far. One girl who was a permanent resident had taken 1 hit of acid. Hadn't been drinking or smoking before hand. It hadn't been mixed right or had been cut with something strange, I don't know what but she went into a coma and never fully re emerged. That night she literally went from a fully functional young adult into a complete dependant. She was 19 at the time. It wasn't that she abused the drug, it just fucked over her mind. My grandfather has hundreds of stories like this, either from first hand work, or from colleagues asking advice from different hospitals. It isn't a one off event. It doesn't occur regularly but it does still occur.

The other side of it is you may be willing to accept the consequences, but odds are you won't know about them. If it hits your mind you aren't likely to be in a fit state to be concerned. But your family, friends and the health system are left to salvage you what they can.

@Smacks, I wasn't trying to class pot with ice. I recognise they are completely difference, it was mostly pointed at the acid guys and those messing around with the synthetic drugs. That said, the guy I knew started off with pot. Not everyone who uses pot will do what he did but for him pot was the start of a long dangerous road that left him with a violent assault charge and grevious bodily harm.

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
No, pot wasn't the start of a long and dangerous road; drugs were the start of it. Irrespective of what the drug was.

Other than that I agree, plenty of people have grave troubles after one psychadelic drug experience.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although to most pot is harmless it can also have dire consequences to certain people. I used to be mates with a guy who started doing pot (he started in year 8-9, can't remember) anyway after only a year of doing pot once a day, he is now no longer at school, suffering from depression, bipolar, and has serious anger managment issues. So he pretty much farked up his life because his body couldn't handle it and in the end he couldn't say no. Although it is good to hear that he has moved over to croatia, stopped doing drugs and is taking medication for his bipolar.

indica

Serial flasher
Way too young.

Way too often.

It's not surprising that your mate fucked himself up. Smoking that much, that young will fuck anyone up.
Yes too young, BUT, I smoked all day, everyday for 15 years.

Some of you might disagree, but I'm okay ...

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes too young, BUT, I smoked all day, everyday for 15 years.

Some of you might disagree, but I'm okay ...
I'm not saying that smoking every day'll fuck you up, I'm just saying that smoking every day in year 8 or 9 (that's like 13 or 14 years old) will.

Hell, I've smoked every day for the last month(ish) without any ill effects.

indica

Serial flasher
I'm not saying that smoking every day'll fuck you up, I'm just saying that smoking every day in year 8 or 9 (that's like 13 or 14 years old) will.

Hell, I've smoked every day for the last month(ish) without any ill effects.
Agree.
Get over to India and smoke some of that hash ... when I was there it was $15 for 11 grams ...

Lovely!

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Other than that I agree, plenty of people have grave troubles after one psychadelic drug experience.
Would it be fair to say though, that a lot of people in that bracket were/are probably more pre-disposed to mental issues anyway? And that the drug just tipped the scales a bit?

I know one guy that smokes at LEAST ten cones a day. He is a prominent business man in the community, makes a shitload of money, wears tailored clothes, sends his kids to private school, drives an RS4 and is 50 years old. He reckons he has smoked since he was 13.

I know another guy who tried 3 mushies and a hit of daytura in one sitting when he was sixteen. He is early 40's now, and has only been out of prison for 20 non-consecutive years of his life. He is a deadset nutjob.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
I'm 17, and never done any kind of drugs. Reason being is I have a friend who's dad smoked pot at a younger age, and is now schizophrenic. I have no intention of ever smoking anything.

Is anyone else in a similar situation as me?

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Similar situation here, sort of. My brother has been into it for about 30 years - he used to be driven, and now he can't even drive.

Still smokes though but "it's not addictive". Tell that to his wasted life...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm 17, and never done any kind of drugs. Reason being is I have a friend who's dad smoked pot at a younger age, and is now schizophrenic. I have no intention of ever smoking anything.

Is anyone else in a similar situation as me?
right there with ya bro :) My cous is that way.

never smoked a ciggie
never done pot etc and ive have it all offered by the people i would of most likely taken it.
been drunk twice- just dont find it that "awesome". picking on drunk people is much more entertaining :p and telling them how retarted they were and why that lost the girl theyve wanted for a long time because they drunk too much,that and some people i know just break down when "they" drink too much.

better things to do with life for me :)

that and ive got other reasons for avoiding alch and effects it can lead to- i want health and i want it for a long time to come.

Last edited: