DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Beej1

Impressive ... most impressive. Dude's a Jedi for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Beej1

Loved Troy's chat with him there at the end. Something like:
When did that happen?
Up the top, right at the start.
You motherfucker!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2016 WC bikes to have a 120mm rear hub, only drivetrain component remaining a spiderless crankset.

I'm still struggling to get my head around what happened last night. Phenomenal racing. Gwin looked pretty emotional during the presentations- nice to see someone at the pinnacle of their game still able to appreciate the magnitude of what was accomplished. Debatably the greatest ride in mtb history, to date.

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm still struggling to get my head around what happened last night. Phenomenal racing. Gwin looked pretty emotional during the presentations- nice to see someone at the pinnacle of their game still able to appreciate the magnitude of what was accomplished. Debatably the greatest ride in mtb history, to date.
Absolutely, i still cant believe it

Shame it was on such a shitty track.
no

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was lucky for Gwin God turned down the wind for his run. Or should I say turned it up for everyone else? Whatever, it was God favouring only one of all the riders - pretty common apparently when God helps someone win over all the other schmucks.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Whatever, there are more downhill-esque obstacles on that track than most of the trails the people that bag them ride and call downhill trails. A few of the riders said they don't rate some of the sections and then you have the batch of guys that are too call to say anything in an interview other than "der, the track is shit" but what they don't say is they totally love their lifestyle of hooning around in vans and riding sick trails most weeks of their lives. They can just go and be park rats and not race.
I like watching the elite guys on any track as long as it points down and luckily for us, we had one of the best world cups ever run overnight on a track that changed considerably from Friday.

Shitty's relative, a bit like your judgement. Definitely a 200% improvement on Leogang of old & clearly provided a huge challenge for the racers- the top20 mix of riders & the podium is testament to this. Want to know a genuinely shit track for a WC, then I'll leave you with one word- WILLINGEN. Made Leogang look like MSA.

It was lucky for Gwin God turned down the wind for his run. Or should I say turned it up for everyone else? Whatever, it was God favouring only one of all the riders - pretty common apparently when God helps someone win over all the other schmucks.
A serve of hot Vilification in sour apple sauce- it must be an acquired or learnt taste.

I've no scope for religion myself per se, however if you're passing judgement on the depth or foundations of a person's faith & the influence faith in turn can & does have on human will (in whatever form), be it the ability to win something as recreational as a world class high-risk sporting event or the use of the same mechanisms (without comparing the critical outcomes of the respective challenges) to bring about survival in high-stress, mortally compromising environments (be it famine, war, natural disater etc), then your sight & appreciation for the bigger picture, in terms of human ability, is limited. Gwin's achievement & then hating on the result of self belief/faith/human will/defying statistical probability with a God-swipe, that's not cool man.

Don't mean to sound cunty, but this dude wouldn't be abiding by not saying it. Don't be a cunt.

Last edited:

Beej1

I would love to have access to the RedBull coverage from the alternate reality where Gwin's chain didn't break.

How different does it make a racer ride when they realise they have to carry more speed than they were expecting, because they _know_ a pedal stroke will do nothing?

Or is he that good that he would've just been 5-10 seconds quicker again?

I'd really love to know.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would love to have access to the RedBull coverage from the alternate reality where Gwin's chain didn't break.

How different does it make a racer ride when they realise they have to carry more speed than they were expecting, because they _know_ a pedal stroke will do nothing?

Or is he that good that he would've just been 5-10 seconds quicker again?

I'd really love to know.
Knowing that you have to carry speed, everywhere, would mean that you are on the limit, everywhere. For Gwin to hold it together and be fastest is testament to his ability.. Personally, I think he would be faster WITH a chain, but willing to be proved wrong..

Lets see him do it next race!

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shitty's relative, a bit like your judgement. Definitely a 200% improvement on Leogang of old & clearly provided a huge challenge for the racers- the top20 mix of riders & the podium is testament to this. Want to know a genuinely shit track for a WC, then I'll leave you with one word- WILLINGEN. Made Leogang look like MSA.

A serve of hot Vilification in sour apple sauce- it must be an acquired or learnt taste.

I've no scope for religion myself per se, however if you're passing judgement on the depth or foundations of a person's faith & the influence faith in turn can & does have on human will (in whatever form), be it the ability to win something as recreational as a world class high-risk sporting event or the use of the same mechanisms (without comparing the critical outcomes of the respective challenges) to bring about survival in high-stress, mortally compromising environments (be it famine, war, natural disater etc), then your sight & appreciation for the bigger picture, in terms of human ability, is limited. Gwin's achievement & then hating on the result of self belief/faith/human will/defying statistical probability with a God-swipe, that's not cool man.

Don't mean to sound cunty, but this dude wouldn't be abiding by not saying it. Don't be a cunt.
Or maybe God shouldn't be one just favouring the winner of every race and not the rest? Just sayin. My comment was a generic one. Gwin just happened to be the favoured one in that race and the other riders were not. Gwin did say God helped him. Personally I think his own skills did the trick.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Some people thank their sponsors, some thank their mothers, and some thank god. Get over it, pay the man some credit without trying to wind his faith into it.

Phenomenal run. No two ways about it.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Great run, pity for Connor..... so damn close! No doubt his time will come. Also, Crimmins comes up for a win by some margin in juniors, WTG.