DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and discussion!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It could be wet and wild, the rain came down just after Claudio's run with Greg Minaar. The new sections will chop right up! Yay for downhill!

Weather Update: just saw a vid on FB & the finish area has a river running through it, there are small cascades forming on-course & the pit area is ankle-deep! Will have totally fucked out all of the new sections already going by how fresh & loose it all was.

This weekend's going to be a messy affair again me thinks.

EDIT: here's one of the videos. Will track down the other one showing how much water is moving through sections of the course.
https://www.facebook.com/RedBullBike/videos/778651005585784/?pnref=story

https://www.facebook.com/26TRIX/videos/vb.124463334230741/984175664926166/?type=2&theater

James Swinden's track walk
https://www.facebook.com/jpswinny/videos/vb.566028130103458/944527652253502/?type=2&theater

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
The weather has an eerie similarity to Champery, with the daily cataclysmic rain storms.... hopefully qualifiers don't get delayed and we get a full race on Sunday! So amped for it.

Ivan

Eats Squid
I wasnt that pumped for Leogang until I saw the course changes, and now the Qualifying results.

1. Rock Jesus
2. ConGnar
3. Remi

Oh yeah.

heavyp

You heard it here first
It will be a dry race the chance of a shower but only 20-30% of that and the race will be over before any afternoon thunderstorm.

I hope Im right but I also hope it rains so Gwin doesn't win, don't get me wrong I like Gwin but I like other more haha

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Course seems to held up exceptionally well after that rain. Claudio's run down didn't show any obvious mud pits that I could see.

Looking forward to this, I like this course as I could see myself riding it without dying.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Agree with all the above, this will be a cracker of a race.
Fearon in 2nd!!! He's got a big result coming soon.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another thumbs up for new sections to impress the UCI. Everyone knows new trail needs the combination of a massive deluge and massive user numbers on new trail sections to become truly (fucked) great::director::director::director::juggle::juggle::juggle::violin::violin::violin::rockon::rockon::painkiller::painkiller:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
DH WORLD CUP 2015 - follow the season here with predictions, laments and disc...

What's happened to manon? DSQ in quailies means protected for race run still... First rider out the gates?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Are they using a drone for filming on the final section? Looks really good and I can't see a cable/cam anywhere in the air.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Anyone else with shitty internet who can't stream better than 540p catch the bit where redbull put up a spoiler during Rach's run saying she'd won, then retracted it after a few seconds? Kinda ruined the suspense. Awesome result for Seagrave, real shame for Manon.