DH Runs Day 14 May McFrenzy

MrPlow

TMBC
Road Rage Ryan said:
Thanks snowy. It would be remiss of me not to mention that Grant did just as much as me. Glad you had a good day.

On the financial side of the day it looks like the club walked away $19 richer for the experience.

Cheers
Ryan
Bugger, Oh well.
Does that include the bread??

I had a great time, thanks to all involved. Steve, I have platforms as well, we must talk ;)

jock

Likes Dirt
yeah thanks to everyone that helped out looking foward to stuff like this in the future.

by the way maybe next time we can get more bread for snags:p

MrPlow

TMBC
Quintin said:
Hey guys glad to hear you had a great time. i look forward to becoming a member and joining you on the next one.

Heard you grabbed a thrifty bus! - next time contact me and i will be able to organise you a better price. more than happy to help. lets talk before the champs too.
Just wondering if anyone has responded to Quintin here? Ryan? Lindsay? Grant? He is interested in the club and has offered to contribute?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Greg,

It sounds good what Quintin is offering. I was a little slow in responding and probably waiting for the first Race Committee meeting to discuss the pro's and cons of our different transport options. If you and quintin wanted to throw around some ideas regarding transport for the champs then by all means go right ahead. I think the more ideas that we have at our disposal, for the best price, with the least impact to the neighbours the better. Logistically we need to explore each option and then weigh them up and make a united decision.

Cheers
Ryan

Quintin

Eats Squid
well i suppose our chances of shuttling the service road are slim? in that case the range is the go. last time the old busses we had were very slow and dying under the pressure and any vehicle that you load up with that many riders will suffer, mini busses incl.

what are the chances of talking to a local 4wd club and offering them $x to spend the day shuttling for us? i remember at magpie last year they did that and offered $200 each for the car+driver. a few dual cabs for bikes, a few trailers and a few pajero types has worked at other races. only problem was that there just wasnt enough. i would say that at least 8 cars each with 5 seats would do the job.

for that case i could provide possibly 2-3 dual cabs cheap and maybe even a driver if you pay her. are you providing 2 days worth of shuttling for the champs?

MrPlow

TMBC
Quint,
We are getting together a group to organise the Champs, it will be 2 days of shuttles.
The logistics are a bit up in the air, the big busses from last race took a while to climb the range, whereas the small bus from last weekend was way quicker. But then we may not have the space to turn all the smaller busses around or they may cost too much. But then smaller busses could be staggered so turnaround wouldn't be a problem... The shuttle track up the guts of the park isn't really viable at all. Too rough, and sustainability issues.

Quintin said:
well i suppose our chances of shuttling the service road are slim? in that case the range is the go. last time the old busses we had were very slow and dying under the pressure and any vehicle that you load up with that many riders will suffer, mini busses incl.

what are the chances of talking to a local 4wd club and offering them $x to spend the day shuttling for us? i remember at magpie last year they did that and offered $200 each for the car+driver. a few dual cabs for bikes, a few trailers and a few pajero types has worked at other races. only problem was that there just wasnt enough. i would say that at least 8 cars each with 5 seats would do the job.

for that case i could provide possibly 2-3 dual cabs cheap and maybe even a driver if you pay her. are you providing 2 days worth of shuttling for the champs?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe this conversation is best kept for the race commitee otherwise everybody will be adding their two cents. Rest assured that the best possible alternative will be selected after careful deliberation.

Grant...

Likes Bikes
My apoligies for not responding to Quintin's offer I bit sooner, it just takes me a while to get my finger out. Any suggestions, ideas or offer's to help in relation to what the club is up too are greatly appreciated and anytime the club can save some dollars is going to get some attention, so Quintin if your still keen to join, come along to a meeting or something and see what you think, and if I can PM you at a later stage about hiring vehicles through Thrifty, as they were hassel free to deal with and I was pretty happy with the service I recived (I must have annoyed the piss out of Adam with the amount of phone calls I made to him). So maybe the next thing we need to do is get the race committee together and maybe also start a thread for any ideas etc in regards to the Champs.

Cheers Grant

timmyDH

Good idea grant. i just started a thread for the race committee so if you've got anything you would like us to discuss at our meeting please post it there

Quintin

Eats Squid
dont mean to be a smart ass but...

Road Rage Ryan said:
If you and quintin wanted to throw around some ideas regarding transport for the champs then by all means go right ahead. I think the more ideas that we have at our disposal, for the best price, with the least impact to the neighbours the better.
...anyway happy to help where i can guys

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Quintin said:
dont mean to be a smart ass but...

...anyway happy to help where i can guys
My original post suggested that yourself and Greg could work out some details together as the pair of you are friends. I personally thought that the whole of Farkin probably did not need to know how we were running our race. In saying that if the general consensus is to make ideas on the race available to the public domain then I concede that this is "my bad".

Last edited:

lindsay

Likes Dirt
I would like to leave all talk of the race and organisation for the race committee meetings. Mainly becuase on the forums all people do is talk and get annoyed and nothing usually comes of it. If you would like to have a say come along to our monthly meetings or our race committee meetings. We will organise the first one of these at our club meeting next month.

I'll just post some comments about transport so everyone understands the situation. The fire road is out for two reasons. No. 1 we can not get the numbers required up this access by using 4wds and trailers. The standard to go by is 150 riders up the hill an hour, this will never happen with 4wds and we cant take them all the way to the top anyway. Plus this costs way too much and we have to rely on too many people for it to happen. The second reason is that the fireroad is unable to be graded any more. So any damage done by the 4wds is unrepairable therefore the council prefer if we use the highway.

The transport at the race last year with the busses was the best out of all the state rounds run last year and this year. There was no waiting and if you were there in the morning when the transport started you got 5 practice runs in before the race. Hell I even got 4 runs and I missed the first hour of practice.

That's the situation. If you have any other comments or ideas come along to our meetings.

Cheers

Lindsay