Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Can you self shuttle Atlas in a 2WD? (yes, I will be using the local shuttle services aswell)
Either by going up Mount Paris Dam road which starts just out of Branxholm or take the Tasman Highway to Weldborough then drive/ride down the Paris Dam rd 5.2km to the Atlas trailhead (top of Carnac road)

You can also access Blue Tier on a regular 2wd vehicle... the paid shuttle vehicles are Toyota Hi-ace's and the likes, towing bike trailers. Just drive to the road condition.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Big Chook has got to be some of the nicest forrest I've ever ridden in, not to mention the best dirt ever and berms to die for. Not a single breaking bump, which is possibly due to trail design so spot on that people don't need to slam on the anchors before every corner. For a while there I thought I was on the set of Lord of the Rings...

Interesting to note that it takes less time to ride/push up to the top of Big Chook than it does to shuttle it. Pub at the bottom is excellent - better than anything in town.

Can't wait to see what they do with the new EWS trails, which will probably open up the area a bit more to bigger travel bikes. Only trail at the moment that's reasonably tech is Black Dragon.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The area really does suit trail bikes. Never felt out of depth on the scout, even on black dragon (awesome trail btw).

Great trails everywhere, wasn't any I didn't enjoy riding. Atlas was probably a favouite of mine, just had a good mix. And return to sender is abit of fun.

Deffinately go hit up hollybank aswell while in the area and shuttle juggernaught (take my word, you do not want to ride up it. It's dual direction but not worth the pain heading out. My legs are still screaming).

Loved my three days in derby. Hobart trails next! Tassy is awesome.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Big Chook has got to be some of the nicest forrest I've ever ridden in, not to mention the best dirt ever and berms to die for. Not a single breaking bump, which is possibly due to trail design so spot on that people don't need to slam on the anchors before every corner. For a while there I thought I was on the set of Lord of the Rings...

Interesting to note that it takes less time to ride/push up to the top of Big Chook than it does to shuttle it. Pub at the bottom is excellent - better than anything in town.

Can't wait to see what they do with the new EWS trails, which will probably open up the area a bit more to bigger travel bikes. Only trail at the moment that's reasonably tech is Black Dragon.
do you mean the pup or the bar girls are better than anything in town.... :rockon:

binner

Hath shat hymself
The one next to vertigo. Going to be called 'The Hub'. Pizza and beer.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I'm trying to persuade my mate into buying the pub down the road...... hard work, i see potential there and good to see another bit of new blood is coming into Derby...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Hobart trails next! Tassy is awesome.
Make sure you do the South Hobart classics near the Cascade brewery, they are amazing! Drops, (Upper and Lower) Loam Line and Ginger Lady were my favs!

Did Juggernaut last time and pedal up was OK, except we mostly did it twice as we also rode Ginger Ridge...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
do you mean the pup or the bar girls are better than anything in town.... :rockon:
They actually had more than Cascade and Boags on offer! Some very respectable craft beer, good food with vegetarian options and staff who weren't on the brink of retirement.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Make sure you do the South Hobart classics near the Cascade brewery, they are amazing! Drops, (Upper and Lower) Loam Line and Ginger Lady were my favs!

Did Juggernaut last time and pedal up was OK, except we mostly did it twice as we also rode Ginger Ridge...
We rode Drops tonight. Still my favourite trail on the whole mountain. So raw & still evolving.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
What did you think of Ginger Ridge? It's way out of my skill range, some nasty rock drops and gnarly rocky landings, walked a fair bit of it :faint2: though I haven't ridden it for a while.
The top part of Juggernaut was my favourite.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
What did you think of Ginger Ridge? It's way out of my skill range, some nasty rock drops and gnarly rocky landings, walked a fair bit of it :faint2: though I haven't ridden it for a while.
The top part of Juggernaut was my favourite.
Ginger Ridge was full-on, I really wasn't expecting something quite so scary and high consequence. Guess it is a double black diamond, so that's a bit of a clue. Came into some of those chutes and drops without knowing what I was in for and just had to hang on for dear life... If I rode it again I think I'd wear a lot more armour and spend a bit of time scoping lines. Possibly the rockiest track I've ridden and definitely one of the hardest.