Crash Pics Thread

pinnin

Likes Dirt
sometimes life is just not fair.

Also a little nugget of advice for people that have never had an arm/ hand/ wrist injury (like me previously). try to make sure your wank hand is different to your arse wiping hand. Because at least then you'll be able to one of them without difficulty :help:
Have you ever broken both wrists and your right collarbone in one crash?..... :help:

DJR

Likes Dirt
Never wipe from the front with a cast on. The fibreglass rubs and leaves you more raw than the first time you discovered rubbing.

Bummer about the wrist but 4-6 weeks will fly past. In a weird way I think all that time off the bike actually helped my riding. Focusing a lot more now and actually concentrating on riding not just muscle memory.
Yeah, found it v similar. plus I appreciated riding a lot more after not riding for ~6 weeks

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
View attachment 320104

Not a scaphoid thank fuck! Just a small fracture of my distal radius. Hopefully I'll be back on the bike in 4-6 weeks.

It was a bit of a nothing crash, but landed awkwardly on a rock. Pretty glad I opted for the precautionary X-ray a day and half later though!
In a splendid turn of events the doctor called me yesterday arvo and said the radiologist had looked at the images and they decided that the fracture was small and stable enough that I could wear the back slab as tolerated. That should decrease the rest time required and I can get back on the bike sooner.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
short helmet cam, not a pic. but meh.
last year at buller i walked away with a mad bruse on my stomach from a stem, and a good bit of footage that shows how much of a spud i am on a bicycle.[video=youtube;PNcMXyUyTvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNcMXyUyTvc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
^^ That section is pretty loose and sketchy, don't feel bad!

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^ That section is pretty loose and sketchy, don't feel bad!
hahaha it was my second last run after two days of flat out riding. my knees just legit couldnt cope when i tried to pump the landing into the berm!
was just super spud crash!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
hahaha it was my second last run after two days of flat out riding. my knees just legit couldnt cope when i tried to pump the landing into the berm!
was just super spud crash!
I have the same issue up at buller, after a few days, you start to get very casually fast, but also tired, then accidents happen. Like that section of track, think i preferred it before they put the landing ramp in,

dunndog

Eats Squid
This coming tuesday I go for Ct scans and hopefully my cast removed from a scaphoid fracture. it will be 8 weeks by the time I get it off, and PRAYING for things to feel good. Pretty sure there'll be some weakness and soreness, to go along with the mental demons, but with nz booked for mid jan I'm focussing on being good to go for that. goddamn shit little break, shit little stack, shit big recovery time!

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd chuck this up. Front wheel washed out on a fast downhill switch back section, and over the bars I went. Landed on my side somehow, so my ribs are pretty banged up too. No serious injuries, but a pretty sweet bruise that's for sure!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
^^ That sucks mate! Heal up over the next few weeks and book yourself a trip to Whistler to celebrate:)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep, it's my forearm, I had knee pads on the knees. I had 2 small deep cuts that stopped oozing blood just this morning and it's on both arms.

Last edited:

beejay

Likes Dirt
Wife's second ride, coming down Caterpillars in Smithfield, lost the front tyre and went down on a rock. Shrugged it off only to wake up the next morning with this baby;

image.jpg