COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Basic bloody maths, 8.5mil population, 2 doses for each person... I'll grab 20mil and give our most vulnerable an extra one.

Scotty the turd, 25mil x 2... I'll grab fiddy :mad:
Yeah Scotty is from marketing not accounts or strategy. Netanyahu is a shady bastard but he knows how business works, he makes the calls to the CEO not the sales department.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They had a Prime Minister who actually called and spoke to the Pfizer CEO in the States and secured plenty of the vaccine. Ours on the other hand left it to the Health Minister and senior public servants at health who only spoke to 'Suzie from sales' in the the Sydney Pfizer office.
Israel went way further than that, they offered to report real world data back to Pfizer on efficacy, side effects etc. They pretty much ran Pfizer’s first mass human trials.. Ballsy deal on a new vaccine.. We weren’t desperate so old slomo did fuck all..

At the end of the day there is a fair bit of real world data emerging that AZ appears to be a better vaccine against Deta.. Moderna looks to be more effective than pfizer and AZ.. Interesting to watch how it pans out in the UK, lots of AZ and Moderna used..

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Israel went way further than that, they offered to report real world data back to Pfizer on efficacy, side effects etc. They pretty much ran Pfizer’s first mass human trials.. Ballsy deal on a new vaccine.. We weren’t desperate so old slomo did fuck all..

At the end of the day there is a fair bit of real world data emerging that AZ appears to be a better vaccine against Deta.. Moderna looks to be more effective than pfizer and AZ.. Interesting to watch how it pans out in the UK, lots of AZ and Moderna used..
Yeah they took the risk but it paid off. Honestly SloMo was betting on AZ but couldn't get any sort of coherent message out, also helps there is a former liberal staffer working for AZ.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
To enter Vic... interestingly a red zone for SA ??? o_O

Broken Hill gets an access corridor, so does what looks like Renmark, Berri and Loxton.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah they took the risk but it paid off. Honestly SloMo was betting on AZ but couldn't get any sort of coherent message out, also helps there is a former liberal staffer working for AZ.
CEO of AZ escaped to Sydney once we got covid under control.. But seriously...
In fairness we could produce AZ locally via CSL for both us and our poorer neighbours. And there was no way the gov could have foreseen the blood clot rarity.. It was an Oxford uni creation afterall, AZ were the pharma to bring it to market. Just like bioNtech and Pfisser.. The world seems pretty happy with AZ which is sold at cost price vs the rest who are profiting..
The fed gov seriously fked up not sourcing all the vaccines they could..
Just read to the Novavax won’t be able to deliver vaccines this year to anyone, we had 50 million doses on order....

ozzybmx

Oh thats not a covid thing, we just dont want SAfreek and the likes over here. Cant be too careful.
SAfreek is from Lismore in NSW, just inland from Byron Bay, the only South Aussie guys here who appear semi regularly are Ackland, Shiny, Rockmoose and I.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love em to bits, but I really do wonder about the thought process of my parents some times...

Just got a phone call to say they've just arrived in NSW, escaped VIC this morning!
I said, didn't you go the wrong way? Should be escaping NSW to get to VIC haha.
Nope, apparently the border will be open again in a month so they can get back...
Looks like my kids wont have their grandparents around for Christmas this year lol
WTF!!!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
FFS, apparently there are more protest marches being planned for tomorrow...goodbye Christmas.

Edit, I wonder how fast they can mobilise the ADF, get rid of the horses and bring in tanks.
I know it's probably for prosaic logistics measures, but the dark twisted part of my soul is still hoping it's for deploying M1 Abrams and IFVs to the next anti-lockdown flogathon.
Agreed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Love em to bits, but I really do wonder about the thought process of my parents some times...

Just got a phone call to say they've just arrived in NSW, escaped VIC this morning!
I said, didn't you go the wrong way? Should be escaping NSW to get to VIC haha.
Nope, apparently the border will be open again in a month so they can get back...
Looks like my kids wont have their grandparents around for Christmas this year lol
WTF!!!
Fuck man! If I'd known I would have arranged a prisoner swap. Them for me for 1 week and then swap back.

ozzybmx

Yarpie... had to G00Gl3 that shit... farm boy.

In N Ireland we call them "Fukn Cultchie's" (Agricultural people)