COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is what my diary looks like for tomorrow. Finally :D
We can't - there will always be some people in the population who don't or can't follow the public health requirements (e.g. those who can't wear masks etc). If everyone else is keeping their distance, wearing their masks, the cafe is cleaning surfaces vigilantly etc, then the risk associated with individual exceptions is minimised. The fact you noticed this now but maybe wouldn't have in the past is the key.
Yes agree with everything except the cleaning part, cafes/pubs etc are flat out and they can’t clean every single surface 100%. This bloke was touching everything in sight.. Cafe workers can only do so much.. Not that I am personally worried about catching covid, it’s the stress that it causes for everyone else in victoria if the numbers go up and I spread it around unknowingly..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes agree with everything except the cleaning part, cafes/pubs etc are flat out and they can’t clean every single surface 100%. This bloke was touching everything in sight.. Cafe workers can only do so much.. Not that I am personally worried about catching covid, it’s the stress that it causes for everyone else in victoria if the numbers go up and I spread it around unknowingly..
The whole country is watching, the end of lockdown celebrations is what has brought many other countries to their knees.

Wave 3 has mainly started from from the easing of restrictions in nearly every other country in the world. N Ireland is now locked down for the second time... Imagine the disappointment :oops::rolleyes::mad:

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The whole country is watching, the end of lockdown celebrations is what has brought many other countries to their knees.

Wave 3 has mainly started from from the easing of restrictions in nearly every other country in the world. N Ireland is now locked down for the second time... Imagine the disappointment :oops::rolleyes::mad:
Hence the extended lockdown in Melb.. Nowhere in europe drove case numbers down to eradication levels like we did (along with NSW)... Being a south aussie you probably weren’t across all the modeling they produced to justify the extended lockdown here.. If we didn’t get it to under 5 a day we would cope a third wave guaranteed..
I don’t necessarily agree with it, because the policy was created to appease all the leaner states that want 0 cases so they have zero interruption to their lifestyle in the middle of a global pandemic...

ozzybmx

Being a south aussie you probably weren’t across all the modeling they produced to justify the extended lockdown here.. If we didn’t get it to under 5 a day we would cope a third wave guaranteed..
You don't need to drive it to zero to have a wave, N Ireland and many places in Europe had the first 'wave' like everywhere, drove it to somewhere happy.... next thing it kicks off AKA wave 2 which was met with harder restrictions, where Melbourne/Vic is now, driven down again to an acceptable place.... happily rejoicing the escape from jail has resulted in wave 3... we are behind the shit that other countries are experiencing at the moment due to the extended lockdown of VIC driving it to basically zero. Other countries have been happy with a decent dip... as I said, the whole country is watching with baited breath.

A lot of the 3rd wave is because of people fed up with testing/stats and didn't get tested due to livelihood's collapsing and going back to their full way of life.

ozzybmx

2nd in most places...3rd in the US......aka an ongoing and snowballing first wave...
Yes agreed, though some places stats are blurred with the whole countries numbers. USA def have a definitive 3rd wave. A lot of the other places didn't have decent testing regimes or took it seriously from the start... or false stats.

ozzybmx

When a country does some stuff to curb numbers and it turns around... maybe due to shit testing then relaxes as it wasn't taken seriously, then into lockdown as its gone off... then relaxes again... then another lockdown (where N Ireland is now), they are absolutely on wave 3 there right now.

moorey

call me Mia
USA def have a definitive 3rd wave.
Most waves are separated by the resemblance of gaining some control...the USA has never had that. They barely had sections of levelling off before bouncing back harder. It’s damn scary to look at the fact that while most states are increasing their infection rates dramatically, many their governors refuse to even enforce mask wearing. I really feel for Biden when he takes office with the rate of current increase.

ozzybmx

That's the big question, when do you relax and how do you relax... then if the testing wasn't 100% and the people have had enough where they are not getting tested, its going to go off again big style.

The US... is basically a model of what not to do, Sweden is now feeling that too. They done nothing, now 3000 cases a day and have declared their hospital system is at max capacity.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You don't need to drive it to zero to have a wave, N Ireland and many places in Europe had the first 'wave' like everywhere, drove it to somewhere happy.... next thing it kicks off AKA wave 2 which was met with harder restrictions, where Melbourne/Vic is now, driven down again to an acceptable place.... happily rejoicing the escape from jail has resulted in wave 3... we are behind the shit that other countries are experiencing at the moment due to the extended lockdown of VIC driving it to basically zero. Other countries have been happy with a decent dip... as I said, the whole country is watching with baited breath.

A lot of the 3rd wave is because of people fed up with testing/stats and didn't get tested due to livelihood's collapsing and going back to their full way of life.
Nah not really, we have closed borders UK didn’t/doesn’t.. The virus got circulated again through europe with people moving between countries, we don’t have that.. Again nowhere in europe has got remotely close to vic numbers. There is only singapore, kinda south Korea/Vietnam to have such success with suppressing the virus from high case numbers..
Also we are now into the warmer months, there is very solid evidence now that the transmission and severity of cooties 19 is seasonal in temperate climates.. Combine that with restrictions and limited movement of imported infected the chance of wave 3 is extemely low until next vic late autum/winter.. In the US there was/is minimal restriction on movement along with trump so cases still rose even in the summer season...
Victorian’s are well fed up but we are not all fking stupid.. Well not anymore stupid than those in other states.. I do hold fears for next winter, but for now I am going to live it up covid safe because this shitshow could very well be with is us again if a vaccine/therapeutic treatment doesn’t arrive.. Australia can live with borders shut for a while but eventually they are going to have to open..

ozzybmx

Nah not really

Also we are now into the warmer months, there is very solid evidence now that the transmission and severity of cooties 19 is seasonal in temperate climates.
Brilliant, there is evidence that the seasonal changes over the past few years have slowed in warm weather ? All those years of collecting stats since March 2020 ?

As I said, the whole country holds their breath, watching the next 2-3 weeks.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brilliant, there is evidence that the seasonal changes over the past few years have slowed in warm weather ? All those years of collecting stats since March 2020 ?

As I said, the whole country holds their breath, watching the next 2-3 weeks.
Don’t confuse less transmissable with “it magically goes away in summer” trump bs... The virus ain’t going anywhere but there is good restrictions in place combined with summer that work to our advantage..

Follow some smart medical research people on twitter for the lastest info, Peter Collignon is a good one..

Lastly, Victorians couldn’t give two fucks what the rest of Australia feels.. Sorry to be blunt, it’s nothing personal..

ozzybmx

Lastly, Victorians couldn’t give two fucks what the rest of Australia feels.. Sorry to be blunt, it’s nothing personal..
Well that speaks volumes for Victorians, if the rest agree with you.

The rest of Australia actually really do care about what is going on in Vic and Melbourne.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Some victorians dont give two fucks, just like how some australians dont give any fucks about Vic.... /end pissing contest.