COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Except when they are Australian...no idea about the people featured in that video, but it is quite possible that they are all Australians. More so than. That theyzare not Australians. But then is that comparison of one continent to another? Or a continent to a country?

The behaviour exhibited in the video is obvioualy inappropriate. The person holding the camera appears to be much bigger than most of the people featured, especially the couple of older women in the video that he seems to enjoy getting very close with. I certainly wouldn't like a stranger poking his camera in my grandmother's face an bullying her by (what appears to be) his physical advantage. Not to mention his inability to maintain appropriate social distancing. Did he notify the duty manager at the supermarket or security guard or maybe even the police? That probably would've been better than walking around like a dork.

Loading up beyond simple needs on groceries is bad too. But let's not pretend that it isn't wide spread across our multicultural society at the moment.

Shit I caught myself out just the other day! There was an abundance of toilet paper on the shelves and I thought "should I grab a pack while it's here?" To which I quickly responded with "fuck no you sick head! You still haven opened the pack you brought when you got home." It's true, I found a pair of rolls burried in the back of my vanity behind my collection of vintage toilet roll Barbie dolls.

We quickly like to forget that Australia is a multicultural nation and project that those without an Anglo complexion aren't Australian. That divisive mentality is shit at the best of times, but when life is stressful and the shit hits the fan it's destructive in a time that requires unity. At a distance of 2m.
So tell me about Barbie...

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
"it has nothing to do with the current health crisis" except that the shops are fucking empty and Australian citizens are missing out. Take your apologist narrative and shove it.
This presumably is the text you forgot to post with the video In the first place.

moorey

call me Mia
I stopped reading there. Ban me. As if I give a fuck.

"it has nothing to do with the current health crisis" except that the shops are fucking empty and Australian citizens are missing out. Take your apologist narrative and shove it.
Can we take a breath....
The vid is totally irrelevant to the current hoarding or COVID19.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Point me towards another 'minority' group who are profiting from exporting groceries bought in bad faith, and I'll equally "vilify" them.
Bogans will get extra exposure. I guarantee it.
And here's the racism.

You've taken the behaviour of about 8 people and generalised it to a whole minority group, based on the fact that they share the same race.

Text book case of racism.

You try and come off like you're some high-level critical thinking urbane intellectual but you clearly dramatically overrate your intelligence. Think about what I've just said above whilst you fuck off for a week.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
We did a big shop on Sunday in Hornsby and went to 3 of the big chain stores to get everything we needed. Plenty of national groups represented, everyone just getting what they needed and was very orderly. A week ago there was a lot of sensationalist claims about hoarding and sending overseas. I just don’t see it. Our local coles (20 min away from Hornsby) has been regularly selling out of stuff for a few weeks. Claims of groups ransacking the shelves systematically..... never saw any of it, just the 17000 odd folks who live here buying normally and the shelves being emptied as they would with less than a hundred of each item being stocked at any point in time.

The shops are all being restocked. Not immediately but it is happening, no one is going to miss out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That just makes we want to drop high explosive on that whole place... Put those still alive out of their misery and dispose of humans who clearly forfeited their right to live...
Bat on a stick is a new take on the potato twirl you see at our markets..

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
ahh cool, thanks for the clarification, must be a skit from a comedy show.. i was confused
As posted up the page, it's real. However, it's likely recorded well before the current crisis because it's called daiguo, the grey exporting of goods to China. It's been going on for at least a decade and includes honey, herbal stuff, wool products, medicines, etc. PArtly because you can't trust the shit you buy in China, because Australia has a 'green' brand and because you simply can't buy some of this shit in China.

The reason they do the baby formula is because about 15 years ago some arseholes were putting melamine in milk (there is a govt mandated max price for milk products in China and as wages grow it becomes difficult to profit under those restrictions. They worked out you can beat the govt testing for protein content by putting this fucked up chemical in after you water the product down and it ended up killing heaps of kids) and now nobody trusts Chinese milk anymore.

Picture yourself being a Chinese mum and dad who just want your child to live. Of course you'd buy these products. It's not an us and them thing, it's a "every parent wants the best for our kinds and we live in a global market".

I have a 7 month old child, I have no problems buying milk for her, the bullshit that goes on about daiguos buying milk comes from simple folk who don't know how to purchase things on the internet.

And bottom line is - this was going on well before the current crisis and even if people are doing it now, it has nothing to do with the crisis. It's a long running business of grey exports, the same shit we love for bike products when we get Shimano/Sram at the same price the Americans and Germans pay for it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
We did a big shop on Sunday in Hornsby and went to 3 of the big chain stores to get everything we needed. Plenty of national groups represented, everyone just getting what they needed and was very orderly. A week ago there was a lot of sensationalist claims about hoarding and sending overseas. I just don’t see it. Our local coles (20 min away from Hornsby) has been regularly selling out of stuff for a few weeks. Claims of groups ransacking the shelves systematically..... never saw any of it, just the 17000 odd folks who live here buying normally and the shelves being emptied as they would with less than a hundred of each item being stocked at any point in time.

The shops are all being restocked. Not immediately but it is happening, no one is going to miss out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I went to town last week to pick up a few things from the Woolies. Our community is not culturally diverse...but it is every bit as thick as everyone else. The shelves hadn't been restocked for two days (it turned out) so many so called essentials had disappeared.

The one product that made the Lad laugh for not being there was.... tomato sauce. Every bottle...every brand (even the cheap off label shit)...gone. All that was left was three bottles of barbecue sauce.

This town has just 3000 people in it. I didn't think they liked the sauce that much!

stirk

Burner
Fark, call for calm farkers.

Shits hitting the fan and the current govt, under scrotmo, response is familiarly slow and measured with a yard stick, i.e short of a metered response.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
That's right, we're all just a bunch of fuckheads living on a rock that hates us. We all came from AIDS monkeys at some fucking point. Race based on genetics is a dumb concept that doesn't add up.
No I just meant as far as we know Homo sapiens originated in the Rift Valley (i think ) part of Africa and “emigrated” our from there all over the place.