Cool, Old Skool,trick and interesting motorcycle thread

skivi

Likes Dirt
I just keep hearing of people getting knocked off their bikes lately and I'm getting a bit sick of it, a colleague lost her sister in law to a 4wd doing a spur of the moment u-turn last week and a friend of a friend will never have full use of his right leg again thanks to a cager t-boning him in the cbd recently.

ride safe people.

skivi

Likes Dirt
on a lighter note i finally got a rear section for my hardtail frame (traded a bottle of rum for it) and last week i won a fibreglass BSA gold star flattrack tank (looks like this) on eBay for $40 so my B33 is one step closer to resembling something along these lines but with lights and not so 'scrambler'

i've got a 4 car garage to myself for the duration of April so everything but the motor and g/box is coming apart then for cleaning, rebuilding and paint.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've been building this one on and off for about a year and a half

This is my real bike

Last edited:

mlsred

Likes Dirt
^^^ sure is, are you jumping the ditch to attend Mr Floody?

hey Steve I wont make the the All British Rally I'm working on the Saturday, then I'll be at the Swap-meet in Scoresby on Sunday 10/4 trying to get some cheap bits for the B33 project.
Thats a shame Nick, I thought you would be chomping at the bit to get to the ABR!

In regards to HBBB i'm flat out trying to get my telstar running after a slight mishap, things should be running much smoother now though I just finished my new shed today so I actually have some room to work WOOOO!

Floody if you are thinking about making the trip it's sure worth it, HBBB is like a kid in a lolly shop, you don't know where to go first or when to stop.

Good to hear things are progressing with the b33 one problem though, we need photos!

floody

Wheel size expert
I'd love to go, but sadly I'm not. Also missed out on Longford Revival this weekend too.

skivi

Likes Dirt
borrowing my aunts underground 5 car garage for a few weeks so the Beeza is coming apart (motor and gearbox will only see some minor checks because they seem to work fine) I'm putting everything into a hardtail frame from the plunger. the bike appears to be cobbled together by miscellaneous rusty fasteners many of which have damaged threads and appear to have been put on with a chisel, the good news is they've all come out with out so much as having to glance over at the impact driver but just about every nut and bolt will need to be replaced for peace of mind, it's basically going to be an almost full resto minus the cosmetics and I'm building a 'custom' i guess, not a doing a period correct restoration to factory specs.

I thought this part would be annoying but it's actually immensely fun and satisfying plus I'm becoming familiar with everything.

Attachments

banana.logic

Likes Bikes
Went to a vintage motorcycle rally a couple of months ago in wollongong, here's some snaps I took

Firstly, I did not know suzuki made a rotary...

2T racers

And the rest in no particular order

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
By the looks of it it has a kerker exhaust (obviously), braided oil lines, braided brake lines, bikini fairing... Did you have something in mind?

I don't remember anything about it.
There would not be too many fuel injected Z1000's about.
This particular bike is on the KSRC forum for Kawasakis and is known as the Black Pearl.

floody

Wheel size expert
Looks like its mated with a solid proportion of an injected GPz1100? Forks/wheels/brakes/injection... EFI swap is one of those why would you? things; was never much good even at home on the GPz. Seen lots of them swapped to carbs.

sam705

Likes Dirt
Anyone dirtbikers out there run Alpinestar boots?

My cheapo Thor boots leather has recently cracked down near the heels. Wasn't expecting much as i believe you get what you pay but it was all i could afford at the time. They lasted a whole 4 months!
Anyway i've come across a very sweet deal on Alpinestars. Tossing up between Tech 10s vs 8s. Older style vs new style basically!

Anyone riden in these?