Confessions from the fuckwits

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Bought a new set of Hayes Dominions off CRC a while back. Opened them up and put all the little parts in a safe place until I could be arsed putting them on.

Thought it was about time, so took off the old rear brake, had to cut the hose as it wouldn’t fit thru internal routing with the olive on. Put the new rear hose through and went to connect to the new lever.

Went to the safe place to find the compression nut and rubber cover… but do you think I can remember where the safe place is? Ahh bollocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cammas

Seamstress
Bought a new set of Hayes Dominions off CRC a while back. Opened them up and put all the little parts in a safe place until I could be arsed putting them on.

Thought it was about time, so took off the old rear brake, had to cut the hose as it wouldn’t fit thru internal routing with the olive on. Put the new rear hose through and went to connect to the new lever.

Went to the safe place to find the compression nut and rubber cover… but do you think I can remember where the safe place is? Ahh bollocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I usually find that safe place after purchasing replacement items

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Down to Bunnings, haha... 75mm stormwater fittings are twice the price of 90mm, sucked in you 75mm peasants.

Job planned to perfection, even drawings and angles worked out

2 x 6m lengths of 90mm pipe and between T pieces, 22°, 45°, 90°, couplings and caps I bought 15 fittings.

Get home, fucking 75mm.

Back again, returned everything, bought 75mm which was $80 more.

No job done today, beer cracked, chilling with a bike mod. Tomorrow.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Down to Bunnings, haha... 75mm stormwater fittings are twice the price of 90mm, sucked in you 75mm peasants.

2 x 6m lengths of 90mm pipe and between T pieces, 22°, 45°, 90°, couplings and caps I bought 15 fittings.

Get home, fucking 75mm.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
It was a given that I knew the pipe diameter, even pulled a 3m piece out of storage with the diameter printed on the outside of it.

Could be worse... on occasion I have been know to arrive at Bunnings and walk around for 20mins trying to jog and inspire my memory to the reason why I went there in the first place. Even once, came away empty handed.
Now I know you’re talking crap. No one leaves there empty handed

Fred Nurk

No custom title here

Get home, fucking 75mm.

Had similar for my drainage connection to my shed. Planned everything out, located the existing stormwater to tee into, checked everything, bought all the fittings for 90mm stormwater, dug the trench. Some weeks later I finally went to uncover the existing pipe to connect it in. Fucking 100mm for the existing underground stormwater which I'd not seen until then.
Gave up and called a plumber to fit the 90mm pipe and tee it into the 100m line.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The way I'm struggling to build the Prime probably deserves about 400 entries in here; but being halfway through the brake bleed and realizing I had one syringe in the rear caliper and the other in the front brake lever probably was the most noteworthy so far... :D :mad::rolleyes:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The amount of home handyman shit fuxkery around storm water pipe work is next level.

My fiancé’s old house, some dumb bastard 30 years ago had T-ed 90mm pipe by smashing a hole in the existing pipe, and pushing the new feed in, adding some plastic sheeting and a couple of tubes of caulking over the massive gap and throwing the rock loaded rubble back on top. The vertical pipe that had been inserted in slipped down as the glue at the downpipe elbow was SFA, it ended up blocking the flow of what was draining 50% of a very large roof area. Every storm the roof gutters would over flow.

Of course this fucked up junction was a meter below a concrete path (that for no good reason was 250mm thick)hard up against the shed wall, and under an air conditioner compressor, in a narrow area. Was like working inside an airplane toilet. First plumber said go get fucked and walked away after he identified the location with his camera.
Ended up using various labourers to help and a six pack of beer to bribe the plumber doing the new build next door to glue it all up.

We used a block and tackle and a screwed together wooden frame to lift up the 500x500 piece of concrete.

Should have hired a battery concrete saw, the fumes form the two stroke Sthil were a problem.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big weekend of maintenance for me.
Bike developed a creak, like a cracking sound, in the last week. Thought I’d get to it this weekend.
Yesterday’s ride resulted in the second snapped dropper cable for the year, so replaced that and serviced the post while it was out so I could get a little local spin in before pulling all the pivots apart to find the creak.
Started at the main pivot, clean and regrease bearings all round, looking for the noisy one. Didn’t take long to find this mess…
IMG_2058.jpeg

Decided to put it all back together and hopefully pick up a spare pair of bearings for the seat stays tomorrow. Torqued everything else up and chucked the seat stay pivot bolt back in; bolt/ washer/ link/ bearing cap/ seat stay/ inner sleeve, to the other side.
Shuffled the bike out the back of the shed for a bit more light and pushed it through. Both bearing caps disappear. Grabbed one off the ground and went in search for the other. Of course I’d moved the bike into the light, but over a mass of fallen autumn leaves slowly decaying out the back. Spent the next fark knows how long sifting through manky mulch looking for the bastard. Eventually went back to the bike and the link to find the washer is sitting pretty in the link. So that pivot bolt I’ve been looking at for the last hour doesn’t have the washer on it, it has that MFer bearing cap. Eejit
IMG_2060.jpeg