Confessions from the fuckwits

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Testing the new spring but the cassette had other ideas. Check the outer metal plate is not loose. If my memory is working I recall @ozzybmx had his come loose.
Mine split and was replaced by Deviate, the end plate seperated from the axle threaded part.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Working on an old giant reign from the bike collective. It's been outside a while and everything is rusty including the brake pad backing plates so need to replace brake pads.

Go to remove the pad retaining pin and the head snaps off. No worries, grab the pliers and turn the other end of the pin where the circlip attaches aaaaand that snaps off.

Ok getting a little tricky now but needle nose pliers in between the calliper and turn and turn the bolt aaaaand it breaks.

Guess I'm drilling it out now

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Working on an old giant reign from the bike collective. It's been outside a while and everything is rusty including the brake pad backing plates so need to replace brake pads.

Go to remove the pad retaining pin and the head snaps off. No worries, grab the pliers and turn the other end of the pin where the circlip attaches aaaaand that snaps off.

Ok getting a little tricky now but needle nose pliers in between the calliper and turn and turn the bolt aaaaand it breaks.

Guess I'm drilling it out now
Drill and just throw a split pin in.