Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Normal hardtail.

Must be some karma for speaking the ebike words.

nvestigating some clunks, broke the crank puller. No problem, I am a resourceful farker.

Use a 5c coin. Now I have a pressed 5c coin.

View attachment 337576

View attachment 337577

Get a washer. Now I have a connical washer.

View attachment 337578

Going to go do some yoga now I think.
shouldn't them be self extracting? Therefore you missing something major? Or am I missing something major?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Calvin27

Eats Squid
shouldn't them be self extracting? Therefore you missing something major? Or am I missing something major?
I thought so too but couldn't gorilla it out, so presumed incorrectly that it was a crank pull situation. Now the dog has taken the part somewhere and hidden it. Poodle was right. New bike :p

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Got my new Hope wheel today. I was going to pull the stickers off so both my rims would look the same (black and stealthy) as I'm running mismatched wheels and fuck me they're Laser etched! Beautiful rims but that's put the kybosh on my cunning plan...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got my new Hope wheel today. I was going to pull the stickers off so both my rims would look the same (black and stealthy) as I'm running mismatched wheels and fuck me they're Laser etched! Beautiful rims but that's put the kybosh on my cunning plan...
I don't think this is going to work out...you'll be selling this clown bike on Gumtree before the end of financial year.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
You know there's only one solution, don't you?

New Hope wheel to match t'other one!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
black permanent marker :thumb:

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Moved the helmet mount for my light to somewhere "better" the other week compared to its normal location of the desk in the study (that is where I also charge my riding lights). Need it for tonight cannot find it anywhere......... fuckwit.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Ordering an external cable dropper post and waiting three weeks for it to arrive...only to discover that the frame I'm fitting it to does have internal routing after all. Although I don't know how I'd be expected to run a cable down the downtube when there's nothing there to attach it to.

Bugger it, it's just a muck-around bike, and it's done now.

wilso1

Likes Bikes
Don't worry mate, it's usually in the last place you look.
It should be. Why would you keep looking once you've found it? :smile:

It's one of those sayings that is ridiculous when you reflect on it. Like the mother-in-law who rings and says "I thought you'd be out in the sunshine" or "I thought you'd be eating dinner now." Well, if you thought that, then it was a silly/inconsiderate time to call then, wasn't it?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
What will really happen is I will stumble across it hours after ordering a new one.
Like me. Couldn't find the little knips to cut the cable ties on the gear cables. Looked everywhere...gone. OK then big wire side cutters. Where the fuck are they? Not in their drawer. Not on the benches. Gone. Probably gone to the place that the tin snips went a couple of weeks back. Got very grumpy and went into town to do some chores. Sod it. Going to the tool shop. $87 later I've got a nice Toledo light wire side cutter, a cheap heavy duty side cutter, a new Wiss straight tin snips and a new tape measure with a magnetic end...

Got home. Went to put the new toys away. Opened the metric spanner drawer and the old heavy duty side cutters nearly winked and smiled at me...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Moved the helmet mount for my light to somewhere "better" the other week compared to its normal location of the desk in the study (that is where I also charge my riding lights). Need it for tonight cannot find it anywhere......... fuckwit.
Just go and look for something else. Guaranteed you won't find that, but you'll find the light mount (or anything else you're not looking for at that particular time).

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It should be. Why would you keep looking once you've found it? :smile:

It's one of those sayings that is ridiculous when you reflect on it. Like the mother-in-law who rings and says "I thought you'd be out in the sunshine" or "I thought you'd be eating dinner now." Well, if you thought that, then it was a silly/inconsiderate time to call then, wasn't it?
Exactly, dunno why but I enjoy throwing it out there.