Confessions from the fuckwits

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate that sticky grease they put all over bikes at the factory. So I took the chain off my bike, using the quick link to soak the horrid stuff on and put some non dirt attracting goo on. Put chain in my oversized novelty mug with some solvent, including quick link. Take out chain and marvel and the murky goodness left behind. Hang chain up to dry, tip remaining contents down the side of my shed...
Yep, with the fucken quick link in it! Luckily I found it again easily.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Jumped online to buy some new grips as old ones have worn very quickly and getting numb hands, a few hundred dollars later and I have a heap of clothing ordered.... And no fekking grips...

Had to send a quick message to them so as not to refill my cart just to get free postage.. Still had to outlay postage for the new order but it was refunded straight away.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Decided to go for a ride today, grabbed my gear that I had washed previously and doubled checked as I threw it all into the car. Get to the trails and almost ready for a ride, put on my helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, backpack. Last item to go on was the gloves "you fuckwit" I had grabbed two RH gloves. :doh:

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My rear shock came back from getting a service, so I pulled out the dogbone (Yeti ASR linkage thingy) and started giving it a clean ready to reinstall. Just then a gust of wind caught the caravan cover that had been opened up, so I raced outside the garage, put the dogbone on tray cover on the back of the ute and grabbed the solar panel that was about to smash to the ground. Fixed up the cover and the rushed inside to get ready to go out.

Later when I got home from a 15min each way drive including several roundabouts I looked on the back of the ute and found said dogbone sitting behind the rear window in the middle of the cover. It had moved, but fortunately towards the centre and not off the edge.

My rear shock came back from getting a service, so I pulled out the dogbone (Yeti ASR linkage thingy) and started giving it a clean ready to reinstall. Just then a gust of wind caught the caravan cover that had been opened up, so I raced outside the garage, put the dogbone on tray cover on the back of the ute and grabbed the solar panel that was about to smash to the ground. Fixed up the cover and the rushed inside to get ready to go out.

Later when I got home from a 15min each way drive including several roundabouts I looked on the back of the ute and found said dogbone sitting behind the rear window in the middle of the cover. It had moved, but fortunately towards the centre and not off the edge.
Amazing how things can stay put. I left my expensive bike lock on the back step of my ute and drove 20 minutes to the trail. Arrived at the trail and the lock was exactly where I left it. I have no idea how it didn't fall of.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Very lucky fuckwit.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh geez, I am back here so soon.

The story behind the photo:

Getting myself set to ride after work and attempting not to forget anything, see above for last FW moment ^^. I never turn my bikes upside down but decided to this morning because I want to pump my tyres up before I left. Anyways... turn bike over. Notice dog turd right by my seat. Phew I think, missed it.

Look a bit closer... nope.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Broke three spokes... pull the wheel out, do the whole thing, truing stand, re-Stans, tyre on... bounce it on the floor and only then does it dislodge the broken nipple head which was inside the rim... rattle rattle.

Damn... pull it apart... repeat.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
swaz I do preventative dog poo management and remove them before trouble.
Our dog seems proud of them , so she always displays them where a human can see and walk on them.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Morning ride at 6am. Got to the end of my street, freezing cold, thinking how especially cold my head is. Realised I didn't have my helmet on. Back I go.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Tried to train the little guy as a trail dog. Turn around and he's nowhere to be seen. Call him out and he takes a while to get back to me. Wait, there is something on his neck....

18622562_1423140301075674_915637428204943396_n.jpg

Fox crap. If you guys have come across it, you'd know what I am on about.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Broke three spokes... pull the wheel out, do the whole thing, truing stand, re-Stans, tyre on... bounce it on the floor and only then does it dislodge the broken nipple head which was inside the rim... rattle rattle.

Damn... pull it apart... repeat.
I feel your pain, I just bought some second hand rims and have the same annoying rattle, how did you get the nipple head out? I can't seem to remove it.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
been putting off making my SS tubeless due to being in the too hard basket. needed tape, needed more sealant, had a small hole in the front tyre, still rolled ok with tubes, there was an easterly wind on tuesday etc. etc.

so i'm bored as f#@% at the moment with some cracked ribs and i thought i'd just get it done. Rim tape comes in, sealant comes in, wind coming in from the west etc. patched the inside of the tyre with a tube patch (why didn't i think of this earlier!?!), cleaned the inside of the rims up with iso, carefully applied tape, pushed all the bubbles out of the tape, re-inflated with tubes just to be sure the tape was good and sealed, added sealant, inflated - two perfectly formed tubeless setups that are brilliantly holding air overnight!

went to stick them back on the bike this morning, both tyres on backwards :mad2:

now because this is a singlespeed, can i get away with saying "nah, its deliberate, i get more traction with them backwards"?
I mean no-one gets why a person would ride SS anyway, let alone why we'd do something dumb like that.
Plus i obviously put out more torque than regular riders being on an SS (pretty sure it was torque that cracked my ribs, not stacking)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Did a long roadie on Monday night and had this annoying feeling of my right foot seemingly moving on the pedal. It felt like the bottom of the cleat was touching the pedal face and moving around on it, almost like my pedal cleat tension was entirely off. I was also getting a new sound on the chainring with what seemed like the chain was vibrating under load and chattering on the derailleur cage periodically. It was dark, minus 47 degrees and I wasn't too bothered because it was not a windy night and a nice ride. The bike is new and I'm due to do it's first service this weekend.
When I pulled up after the ride and had a glance over the drive side I was holding the bike up by the drive side crank. Yep, the crank bolt had come a little loose and the noice and movement I was getting was because the bolt was coming out.

Der dickhead.

moorey

call me Mia
Did a long roadie on Monday night and had this annoying feeling of my right foot seemingly moving on the pedal. It felt like the bottom of the cleat was touching the pedal face and moving around on it, almost like my pedal cleat tension was entirely off. I was also getting a new sound on the chainring with what seemed like the chain was vibrating under load and chattering on the derailleur cage periodically. It was dark, minus 47 degrees and I wasn't too bothered because it was not a windy night and a nice ride. The bike is new and I'm due to do it's first service this weekend.
When I pulled up after the ride and had a glance over the drive side I was holding the bike up by the drive side crank. Yep, the crank bolt had come a little loose and the noice and movement I was getting was because the bolt was coming out.

Der dickhead.
Up north...riiiiiight. Seriously, was it below 15c? Fuckwit. :kiss:
By no means as cold here as some places, but Fark, I'm over having poor circulation in my fingers. Did an early loop, was about minus 2, which I'm fine with, but lost feeling in the fingers quickly. That wasn't so bad till I got home, took off gloves and walked into warm room. For 10 minutes, I swear I don't think I've hurt this bad since my first collarbone break. I even ran a disposable latex glove under glove on one hand to test. Better, still fucked.

My confession....toying with buying Felix a giant for xc duties :behindsofa:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Up north...riiiiiight. Seriously, was it below 15c? Fuckwit. :kiss:
By no means as cold here as some places, but Fark, I'm over having poor circulation in my fingers. Did an early loop, was about minus 2, which I'm fine with, but lost feeling in the fingers quickly. That wasn't so bad till I got home, took off gloves and walked into warm room. For 10 minutes, I swear I don't think I've hurt this bad since my first collarbone break. I even ran a disposable latex glove under glove on one hand to test. Better, still fucked.

My confession....toying with buying Felix a giant for xc duties :behindsofa:
Garmin said it was a 12 degree average for the ninety minutes I was out so yep, feels like minus 47.
Man, the old latex trick can go arse up more often than not. They tend to amplify the temperature more than anything. Ditch them.
What Giant are you thinking for the young lass?