Confessions from the fuckwits

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took a mate for his first ride at Gap Ck yesterday (one of his first proper off road rides as well I think). Anyway picked him up at his place, showed him how to take wheels off and slot the bike into the back seat of my car.
We got distracted when another mate rocked up just as we were putting the gear in the car, so we left in a bit of a hurry.
Get to the Gap Ck carpark, start pulling bikes out and putting wheels on. FUCK where's the skewer for his rear wheel? Rummage around the boot for a bit when I realise we left it on his driveway when the other bloke came round for a chat.
Fuck Fuck, traffic was bad and no one at their house had a car to come out to ours so I was trying to think of something I could use instead.

Anyway, cheers to the blokes that tried to help in the carpark and eventually the guy at Kenmore Cycles who loaned us a QR skewer - really awesome introduction to the sport for my mate (we'll be back to buy gear I promise!)
Then we had a sick old ride so it ended well.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
where's the skewer for his rear wheel? Rummage around the boot for a bit when I realise we left it on his driveway when the other bloke came round for a chat.
I've done this about twice. It's about the only problem with thru axles - that you actyualyl have to take the whole piece out.

On a similar note, this was while ago but. Smashed out a night lysterfield ride and me and my mate planned to head out for some take out. Load the bike up and then drive to Hugry Jacks. Something doesn't feel right. Then I realise the that huge clunk when leavign the carpark was not a stick, but my front wheel that I leaned on the car. I ran the thing over! Went back to the scene of the criem and there is was sitting in the bloody middle of the carpark. I didn't expect it to be salvagable but on inspection it looked ok. Inspected it at home and even took it for baby rides, just in case it had structural damage. 6 months on, still going strong!

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
FUCK where's the skewer for his rear wheel?
Ha, yep done that too. The last time was a few months ago, where I only realised once I'd arrived in Tathra from Canberra, to do the Tathra Enduro. The bike shop didn't have any Fox axles I could buy, but whipped one off a demo bike they had there and lent it to me to get me out of trouble - phew!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yesterday...I was riding up a small hill. Lots of fuckwits driving around so pop up on footpath. Come to a driveway into shopping centre...old lady coming out. No worries I'm happy to wait, I perform a nice track stand as the old lady gets herself out of the way very slowly. All clear so I head off but my foot is sitting only pedal in a stupid position so I loose balance. I attempt to put a foot down but the super aggressive never slip pin on the holzfeller pedal is holding my 5:10 stealth rubber really tight! For fuck sake...I fell over as though I was clipped in.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yesterday...I was riding up a small hill. Lots of fuckwits driving around so pop up on footpath. Come to a driveway into shopping centre...old lady coming out. No worries I'm happy to wait, I perform a nice track stand as the old lady gets herself out of the way very slowly. All clear so I head off but my foot is sitting only pedal in a stupid position so I loose balance. I attempt to put a foot down but the super aggressive never slip pin on the holzfeller pedal is holding my 5:10 stealth rubber really tight! For fuck sake...I fell over as though I was clipped in.

You got to love 5.10s. Stick like shit to a blanket.

there aint no stack quite like a clipstack

yeah I know this aint technically a clipstack, perhaps its new category worthy

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought shimano rotor to try and fix clicking noise in commuters brakes. Never occured to me that the centre spider could be too chunky to fit past the brake assembly. At least im learning by stuffing every repair up once.

izzy_best

Likes Bikes
Clipped in Wheelie gone wrong

I have just put together an old xc bike and decided to try clipless pedals. I managed to pick it up ok and I have been riding around no problem until yesterday....

On the way home from work I was mucking around and decided to chuck a wheelie. Bad idea. I am used to throwing the feet down when I pull the wheel up too far. I quickly found out that clipping in means it is a lot harder to do that. In no time I found myself on my bum, my bike on top of me with my feet still clipped in. Jeez my butt is sore! :doh:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is that an offer ?

Sorry I'm new to this
Where to you walk your dogs?

I have just put together an old xc bike and decided to try clipless pedals. I managed to pick it up ok and I have been riding around no problem until yesterday....

On the way home from work I was mucking around and decided to chuck a wheelie. Bad idea. I am used to throwing the feet down when I pull the wheel up too far. I quickly found out that clipping in means it is a lot harder to do that. In no time I found myself on my bum, my bike on top of me with my feet still clipped in. Jeez my butt is sore! :doh:
Clipsvget everyone...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Back in the day when I was extra retarded I persisted with clips on mtb. It was always fun lying in a sprawled heap post stack with your bike in an improbable position and one of your shoes simply. Refusing. To. Unclip.

Bonus points if you had an audience for that.

Mind you the other week I "landed" a drop off and blew both my feet off the pedals, which resulted in me getting all scared and sad. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

izzy_best

Likes Bikes
Back in the day when I was extra retarded I persisted with clips on mtb. It was always fun lying in a sprawled heap post stack with your bike in an improbable position and one of your shoes simply. Refusing. To. Unclip.

Bonus points if you had an audience for that.

Mind you the other week I "landed" a drop off and blew both my feet off the pedals, which resulted in me getting all scared and sad. Swings and roundabouts I guess.
Yeah. I just think I will keep the clipless for easy xc and commuting. Flats on everything else!

Lucky for me. No audience. Even though I would've liked the bonus points!

Alex Dlugosch

Likes Dirt
Sold some parts on here, sent the numbers etc. That was Thursday, and now Tuesday I still didn't see the payment in my account. So I sent a message off to the buyer, suggesting they check the numbers.
Right after I sent that, I decided I should probably check the numbers again. Turns out I transposed the first two numbers in my BSB. Fuckwit! I really need to put that in a little document so I can just cook up some copy pasta. :typing: