Commonwealth Bank are a bunch of Wankers!

Dan

Likes Dirt
hell dam! would suck to lose your good rating over something you didnt do! im with australian central credit union. my family or me havnt had any trouble with them.

Laurie

Likes Dirt
Dan said:
hell dam! would suck to lose your good rating over something you didnt do! im with australian central credit union. my family or me havnt had any trouble with them.
Is the Aussie credit Union the same as the Uni credit union???
What do people think of AUSSIE "WE'll Save You"????
I'm with Uni credit Union because I got jerked about too much with the Commonwealth.

Has anyone seen that sticker around on the back of cars "Which Bank"? None They're all BASTARDS!!!

scblack

Leucocholic
Laurie said:
Is the Aussie credit Union the same as the Uni credit union???
What do people think of AUSSIE "WE'll Save You"????
I'm with Uni credit Union because I got jerked about too much with the Commonwealth.

Has anyone seen that sticker around on the back of cars "Which Bank"? None They're all BASTARDS!!!
Aussie Home Loans (John Symonds) is not a Credit Union.

Aussie is a securitizer - Aussie packages home loans up and sells the securities to investors (in very simple terms).

I have nothing worthy to say about Aussie - my sister has their mortgage with them and it takes a HUGE amount of stuffing around to get questions answered, or changes made. I have also tried to set up mortgages through Aussie here at work, and it is SHITTY service, via mobile lenders who do not return calls.

I am MUCH happier with the service I get from the Commonwealth, but then I have a Premium Banking Package, and get personalised service.

Last edited:

cressa

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
they suck more ass than an automated ass sucking machine on national ass sucking day in the land of ass suck
it makes me feel good to hear such anger directed at these fuckers (banks that is)

My fav story is when i went for a loan with NAB. Reason for loan on application was: MTB, Compter Equipment, Renovations. I was recommended by them to fill in an online application for the quickest possible processing. OK sweet i can do that. 3 farking weeks later and about 10 calls filled with no answers and buck passing i get approved. I go in to sign the paperwork (& fight off multiple upsells & insurance etc) and just out of general conversation i mention that we are not going to renovate we were going to spend that money on video equipment. Her ears prick up and she informs me that the loan will need to be processed again as the reason for the loan has changed!!!! WTF!!!!!! And on top of that she informs me that the only way i can get access to the funds once approved is if i bring in an invoice that they can write the cheque out to, AFTER THEY RUN A LEGITAMCY CHECK ON THE RECIPIENT/BUSINESS. This will take another week! agghhhh. Blow them. went to St George had the cash in my bank account in a matter of days.

scblack

Leucocholic
Continuing on with a story kinda like shane1377:

Back when I was 21, buying my second car - a pretty good one too, I went for a loan with St.George.

They offered me the loan on ONE CONDITION. The condition was, that I had to keep a term deposit, with St.George, for the full term of the loan, of the full value of the loan. Basically they wanted to lend me the money, but only if I put the funds in a term deposit.

I patiently explained to the chick that - funnily enough - the reason I needed the loan was because I did not have the funds in a bank account. She said it was normal, and was called a FULLY SECURED Loan. I asked the question - why would I need the loan if I had funds to sit in a bank account? She had no answer.

I went elsewhere, and had the funds within days.

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
yuh, im with a credit union (island state in tassie)

apart from having some shitty foreign atm fees (not using an island state atm) they are good to me..

and yes internet banking makes me happy.. can buy all my mtb gear off the net (farkin for sale threads) in a few clicks..

W2ttsy

surfshop23

Cannon Fodder
BAnks

BAnks shit me... the stingy arsholes they keep debiting me to much for things... i dont even do...
REcently i received a cheque from over seas and tried to bank.. but unfortunately my mate wrote the check onn a different account, then he was ment to... This resulted in the cheque bouncing and me being left with the fees and charges on the exchange rate... i was then down about $120.. and couldnt do anything about it....

Patrick :confused:

If anyone in your family is a teacher.

Teachers Credit Union.

Never had problems with them. And it's good when your young. No fees until your 18. Easy internet banking. And by george to I mean easy.

Never ever had a problem with them. My savings account is with them getting good intrest, and I can't access the money till 6 months after an investment, so makes it easy to save.

All money from work goes into an access account which I can access at any ATM. And all extra allowance (sp?) goes into another account which I have to go to a rediteller to access. Another plus for saving money.

Credit unions are the way to go.

Robb

Likes Dirt
Commonwealth bank isn't all that bad... is it?

They have pretty good student deals. I get unlimited EFTPOS and ATM withdrawls a month, and there form of net banking is fairly easy to use. I can access Mastercard, saving account, and spendings account from the one sign in. They haven't done anything bad by me, so i have no reason to complain about them.

Dane

Likes Dirt
Robb said:
Commonwealth bank isn't all that bad... is it?

They have pretty good student deals. I get unlimited EFTPOS and ATM withdrawls a month, and there form of net banking is fairly easy to use. I can access Mastercard, saving account, and spendings account from the one sign in. They haven't done anything bad by me, so i have no reason to complain about them.
I'm I student and I got a commonwealth Visa Card. Now I'm scratching my head wondering why the fuck I did. When I went to get it I was told there were NO annual fees for students. However on my agreement it says there is a $79 annual fee (except for first year). When I asked about it the teller told me it has changed. Bit dodgy if you ask me. Also the interest rate is something rediculous like 19%. Fuck that shit. My sister just got a Vigin Credit card, No Fees, and a 5.something% interest rate for the first year then 12%. If commonwealth try to charge me that annual fee, i'm gonna forcibly insert the credit card into one of the unlucky tellers orifices. Then go and get either a police credit union or a virgin card.

50 Nutz

Squid
Yeah, I'd have to say Credit Unions are the better of the 2. And you cant go past ING Direct for savings. Nice returns.

GoingDHfast

Likes Dirt
Just went to transfer $13 for an eBay transaction, and the fucking Commonwealth give me this:

"This transaction is less than the minimum transaction amount allowed on this account. Please change the amount and try again.
(Error Message No. FE7_086)"

If I wasn't so lazy I'd change to one of their far superior competitors.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As far as banks go I haven't looked back since switching to HSBC. Opened an online savings account with them a couple of years ago after getting sick of being fucked around by ANZ. They gave us a pretty good interest rate, excellent online service and whilst their ATM's are few and far between they don't charge for eftpos so every coles and bottle-o became my cashpoints. They are also pretty good if you are travelling overseas as there are branches everywhere around the world. You still have to deal with the hassles of transferring money O/S but at least the different operations talk to each other.