Coming soon

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I’ve had a few rides on this now. Can’t dial the fork no matter what way I go. Will have to send it off new year for some tweaking. If anyone has experience setting one of these up please PM me. I’m putting it down to light weight rider.
View attachment 405669
What fork were you on previously?

I’m on an EXT and from what I understand, EXT and Ohlins share a few similarities that differentiate them from fox/RS. I found the 2 air chambers a bit of a challenge to get right - not helped by the factory recommendations being way off for me.

I ended up setting the main one to get the sag right then experimenting with the ramp up to get a good feel. Sometimes you have to go back to the main chamber and adjust but you get there…

The other big thing about the EXT (and I believe the Ohlins) is that they offer way more midstroke support and sit higher in travel for most riding. For me, this can feel a little harsh until speeds pick up and things get hectic - then it’s awesome and well controlled.

Not sure if any of that is helpful or not…

Scotty675

Cable thief
What fork were you on previously?

I’m on an EXT and from what I understand, EXT and Ohlins share a few similarities that differentiate them from fox/RS. I found the 2 air chambers a bit of a challenge to get right - not helped by the factory recommendations being way off for me.

I ended up setting the main one to get the sag right then experimenting with the ramp up to get a good feel. Sometimes you have to go back to the main chamber and adjust but you get there…

The other big thing about the EXT (and I believe the Ohlins) is that they offer way more midstroke support and sit higher in travel for most riding. For me, this can feel a little harsh until speeds pick up and things get hectic - then it’s awesome and well controlled.

Not sure if any of that is helpful or not…
Mainly riding mezzers, but have a pike and fox 34 but managed to find a sweet spot with all. The factory Ohlins settings actually feel the best but still harsh. It’s not bad and I’ve pushed it fairly hard in rough but still harsh. Compression hi and low is fully open. Still have 40mm of travel to play with. If I drop the ramp it gets hung up and looses speed in the rough.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Mainly riding mezzers, but have a pike and fox 34 but managed to find a sweet spot with all. The factory Ohlins settings actually feel the best but still harsh. It’s not bad and I’ve pushed it fairly hard in rough but still harsh. Compression hi and low is fully open. Still have 40mm of travel to play with. If I drop the ramp it gets hung up and looses speed in the rough.
With my EXT, I dropped pressure in both the main chamber and the ramp up but tried to keep the ratio similar. At first I dropped too much and it bottomed so increased the main a little (but still less than factory) and it was feeling better.

I hear the Ohlins is an awesome fork so i hope you get it sorted and feeling how you want it to.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Someone needs to check the bushings. If you want it sorted first go then just send to Nigel at NSR Racing in Tassie.

Both my RXF36 and 38 had bushing issues..

Scotty675

Cable thief
Someone needs to check the bushings. If you want it sorted first go then just send to Nigel at NSR Racing in Tassie.

Both my RXF36 and 38 had bushing issues..
That’s probably the best option. I was thinking of getting the negative air spacer removed because of my light weight anyway.
Was hoping to get it sorted in the next day before I go away. Probably best I throw another fork on.
I was a little annoyed after this mornings ride and nearly bought these
Once sorted I’m sure the Ohlins will be great though

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How much do you weigh? I can grab the settings off mine if you like, I'm 75kg

Jpez

Down on the left!
Postie dropped these off today. Everything else for the Madonna is stuck at Frankfurt. Fingers crossed for an early Feb build.
View attachment 405959View attachment 405960
You do know that the next time you have 20 beers too many there’s only one place to go from here. I look forward to that post. Silver please. The black ones just don’t show that German machining as well.

Scotty675

Cable thief
You do know that the next time you have 20 beers too many there’s only one place to go from here. I look forward to that post. Silver please. The black ones just don’t show that German machining as well.
There was a set in my r2 cart as they were on special. I was only at 19 beers before changing sites though. I was so close to pushing the button this time

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
All going well should have it back early next week. Still waiting for frame to clear customs though. Quick to take my money, not quick to forward goods to me.
I am having the EXACT same problem with my Raaw frameset. Landed in Melbourne on 27th December...still not cleared customs. FFS!!!
I haven't even heard what I'm going to pay on duty either. Just get it done please customs!!!!

Jpez

Down on the left!
This happened today. Couldn’t wait another week for rotors and fluid. Let’s call this take 1
View attachment 406258
Looks the goods mate. With @Oddjob jumping on the bandwagon looks like these are becoming the new Giant/Deviate.
Good podcast on Raaw and the owners philosophy bikes which I like a lot.