Coffs Cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hi peoples, we were talking on the weekend about what we're gonna do with our track, and I was just wondering - how long have you guys have been riding and building at Mt. Coramba?
I'm guessing the track was already established (well some of it anyway) and you added / changed bits to get it where it is today.
Reason being that our track is and older one that has been neglected, and has a lot of potential for further development. I'm just trying to gauge how long it takes and how many people we're gonna need to get it happening, as to link it all up (the old track and another old fire road plus a new section up the top) there will probably have to be some new lines cut.

Muchas gracias amigos!
I've been riding the track (in all of it's different shapes and forms.....;) ) for five years. I've been building there for about four years. 60% of the track was put there by a quick guy (a particular jump is named after him) and our local Forestry dude. We've added thew top rock garden, plenty of the sections in the middle and everything after the stump jump. That has taken all of those years and as much as I'd like to say it should be bigger by now.....it isn't yet but it will be!
My suggestion would be to get yourself the right tools and make a plan to attack it with minimum of two or three people. You can do it by yourself but that just takes too much time and the result isn't as good as it could be if you actually got any help.
From my experience, cutting a new line over natural terrain shouldn't take too long. I can clear the roughage and trim some branches to make a section about 50m long in two hours and that includes shaping some of the obstacles to get your through it.
My advice is to scout around and spot the clearest and most naturally fun terrain and work on it first. If you have a good line in place you can make variations off it later.
Good luck mate, are you coming to race next month?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
At least a robber would run the other way when he saw it Kev! I think a bloke on farkin had a photo of that dog as his avatar yonks ago, it looks crazy!
"here boy, fetch!":eek:

binner

Hath shat hymself
rip rip wood chip

....... back yard yups is about to begin... people have said I look like Jamie Durie

darth rider

Likes Bikes
I've been riding the track (in all of it's different shapes and forms.....;) ) for five years. I've been building there for about four years. 60% of the track was put there by a quick guy (a particular jump is named after him) and our local Forestry dude. We've added thew top rock garden, plenty of the sections in the middle and everything after the stump jump. That has taken all of those years and as much as I'd like to say it should be bigger by now.....it isn't yet but it will be!
My suggestion would be to get yourself the right tools and make a plan to attack it with minimum of two or three people. You can do it by yourself but that just takes too much time and the result isn't as good as it could be if you actually got any help.
From my experience, cutting a new line over natural terrain shouldn't take too long. I can clear the roughage and trim some branches to make a section about 50m long in two hours and that includes shaping some of the obstacles to get your through it.
My advice is to scout around and spot the clearest and most naturally fun terrain and work on it first. If you have a good line in place you can make variations off it later.
Good luck mate, are you coming to race next month?

Cool, thanks man - that's close to how I thought it had happened.

Yeah, we've got a crew of about 6-8 at the moment, but we're only just getting together. There's plenty more people who will want to ride it, but there's a bit of an issue with access; Forestry have put a gate across the fire road that goes to the top - it's just above where we start from now. People have been leaving broken glass & crap right at the top - it's very similar to Mt.C with a good view and radio tower etc. The gate isn't closed at the moment but it's only a matter of time methinks.
We're trying to decide when we talk to the Forestry people if we tell them there's heaps of riders, or a just dedicated and trustworthy little crew - so they're more inclined to let us do what we want. They know we've been riding there and doing work to the middle section, and they've got no probs with it so far, as you'd never know we'd been there except for the track. Only thing is the moto riders like to ride up the wrong way - but it's not a major issue just yet.

So, if they know they can trust us we hope they'll let us build a new line - it's above where the gate is, and there's the old section up there which is fairly rocky but fun looking (although not real fast), but the other side of the road has an excellent spot for some rock drops, then a nice faster bit. It's quite open and won't take much clearing, we shouldn't have to touch anything bigger than about 2cm diameter, and there's plenty of natural stuff to take advantage of.
Anyway, hopefully it'll be rideable from top to bottom in about a month or so, and of course you guys have an automatic entry pass :D

As for the race, yep at least four of us are keen to come up - not sure if we're racing, so if we're not and you need a hand we can help.
Orritey then, take it ezy people, hope to see you soon.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
thax siz glad some one rememberd geeeezzzzzz:rolleyes:
As you grow older Crozzo you'll realise that there is only one way to get a point across..........

Write it in big letters or yell at the top of your lungs!

No one will know it is your Birthday unless you tell them doofus!

Happy Birthday for yesterday bucko, I hope you got what you deserved.;)

binner

Hath shat hymself
cheers peoples

thanks to the locals again for a awsome weekend of riding and other capers....
when will SSS ever learn:)

.... and SOX, cheers for the shuttles bloke ..see you all in 5 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.