Busted 26" air fork - FOUND

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Item:
An unwanted 26" air fork. Can have broken axle clamp/ brake mounts. Rest of fork needs to be in reasonable shape. ie steerer/crown/stanchions/air spring and damper assembly all serviceable. Not too fussed on travel.
Price range/Willing to Pay:
Nix or next to it. It's laying int the parts bin waiting to get turfed anyways right?
Extra Info:
Have a wacky idea I want to try, will post up here for everyone to shake their heads at if I go ahead with the project. If it goes nowhere you can either have the fork back or I'll offer it up on here for someone to use for spare parts.

This would be fine:

These are too far gone though:

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Yeah, I guess I'm just being "fussy", but you wouldn't know anything about that?
They still around? Might use em for a practice run of my plan. If I end up destroying them, it's no great loss. If it works I might spend a bit on a half decent fork to modify.

(this isn't for the GT - totally different project)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Barry the burner bike has 26" air forks. If you wanted to look after him for a bit you could possibly fiddle with his inners, I doubt he'd mind

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Thanks Plank, but the idea I have involves some pretty serious non reversible mods to the lowers.

ausdb

Being who he is
Go back through my posts, pretty sure it ended in the fuckwits, I bought an old magura 26 air fork that I didn't realise had a broken dropout and probably no rebound adjuster. I was saving them to put the lowers on a bonfire that didn't happen so you can have them for postage from Perth if it's any good to you?

ausdb

Being who he is
@dazz here's the thread

dazz

Downhill Dazz
@dazz here's the thread
Hey ausdb, thanks for the offer!
Pretty much exactly what I'm after! Unless my postage cost googling is way off, that looks to be a winner! I'll PM ya tomorrow.

ausdb

Being who he is
@dazz I dug them out of the shed tonight. With the crown removed they're under 400mm so pretty sure they'll fit in an extra large post satchel.