Bowden Spur Kinglake - Shepherds DH trail.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All great news Mark. As for a name of the track, that's a tough one. Being a resident, I think it should include something with Kinglake or Bowden Spur that will help promote the area and its location as a mountain bike destination

Some practical ones - 'Kinglake Mountain Bike Facility' / 'Murrindindi Mountain Bike Facility' / 'Bowden Spur Downhill Track' / 'Kinglake Downhill'

Some more adventurous - 'The Spur' / 'Kings Canyon' / '230' (for the 230 metre drop) / 'Kings Descent'

Great work with the track everyone, its awesome for the area.

Cheers
The area will be called something similar to what you have stated ie KL/Bowden Spur MTB park etc but what we are really looking for is a track specific name. Get creative people, your suggestion could end up being the name of this iconic trail.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Track Names.....

The Memorial or Memorial Trail.
The Spur track.
Spitfire. (Could be tacky)
The Local.
The View.
Never Forget.
The Phoenix. (Out of the ashes rises something magical)

I'd just like to thank those people that have made this happen through out the years. Thank you!

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
The Memorial or Memorial Trail.
The Spur track.
Spitfire. (Could be tacky)
The Local.
The View.
Never Forget.
The Phoenix. (Out of the ashes rises something magical)

I'd just like to thank those people that have made this happen through out the years. Thank you!
I really like phoenix, it's something which the whole area can also relate too.

leadz

Likes Bikes
Track name!!

Hi all,
i think the track should be called AC/DC because of the big power lines.

cheers leadz.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Phoenix is great! Spitfire is possibly in a little poor taste.. not knocking, just saying.. there are some sensitive people out there. Phoenix is great though.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
the general

As Juzzy has suggested, i think it would be a great thing to see this trail named in honour of Danny Shepherd. For anyone that didnt know Danny, he was the guy behind the filming lense of the INERTIA mtb film, and DOWNHILL DRUNK AND DISSORDELY before that. Danny literally spent YEARS and alot of his own money travelling to races and places to film races and riding, and to live and breathe the downhill lifestyle. His work and time has done alot to highlight downhill in Victoria and around the country. Danny was a rider, and a great guy, and sadly his life ended at King Lake during the fires, an area where he was originally from.

Why not name a trail after a rider, film maker, local downhill icon who did alot for our sport? Pretty fitting I think.

Attachments

Harder Nox

Likes Dirt
The General. In memory of Danny Shepherd
As Juzzy has suggested, i think it would be a great thing to see this trail named in honour of Danny Shepherd. For anyone that didnt know Danny, he was the guy behind the filming lense of the INERTIA mtb film, and DOWNHILL DRUNK AND DISSORDELY before that. Danny literally spent YEARS and alot of his own money travelling to races and places to film races and riding, and to live and breathe the downhill lifestyle. His work and time has done alot to highlight downhill in Victoria and around the country. Danny was a rider, and a great guy, and sadly his life ended at King Lake during the fires, an area where he was originally from.

Why not name a trail after a rider, film maker, local downhill icon who did alot for our sport? Pretty fitting I think.

+1

Definitely agree that the track should be named in memory of Danny. The man was, and shall remain, a hero.

mongo with 6"

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys, been a long time since I've been on this site.(I didnt know that I even had a username here, and it suxs). I here to let you guys know that I'm appealling to have the track named after Danny Sheppard. The dude was the nicest guy ever, He once let my sleep in his lounge room for about a month. He would show up to every race with cam in hand. If he wasn't doing runs he was filming everyone else. He spent alot of time in kinglake building trails and and trying them out on his Gary Fisher Joshua (This is to show how long Danny was riding for. When X-country daulies were the norm at DH races). I could go on for ages, but I think those who are responsible for name the trail, Know that naming it after Danny is a tribute that is fitting to such a great guy.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I didn't know the guy, and this thread is the first I have heard about him.

But reading about him, and hearing the respect and regard people held him in (and still do), I think the track named after him would be very appropriate.

'The General' sounds good.

Also why not consider naming it directly after him. 'Shepherds'.

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Count my vote in for somehow naming it after Danny. As everyone has already mentioned, Danny was one of the nicest guys we have ever had in our sport and being a local makes it very fitting. A great way to honour a legend of Victorian mountainbiking.