beautiful bikes - post them here

moorey

call me Mia
Rear triangle tubing looks waaaaaat too thin at the back for my comfort. Saving grams, but at what cost?
Chain isn’t even parallel with chain stay? Someone will be fired for that pic.

PJO

in me vL comy
Rear triangle tubing looks waaaaaat too thin at the back for my comfort. Saving grams, but at what cost?
And they didn't air brush out those yellow Maxxis logos.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
But....but.....it is a single pivot.

On your upgrade path post kidney sale. Steel is real and we are just used to seeing big alloy or CF shapes now.

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just needs some riser bars to sort that stack. Longer dropper might help the giants. But wouldn't want to ruin the lines from top tube down to seat stay (and standover height) by raising the ST-TT junction up just to hide some dropper.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Rekon Race tyres. Guarantee the fit is because it's built for a lanky XC/road whippet who loves his saddle-bar drop and wanted a bit more travel for weekends with his e-bike mates.

Aesthetically beautiful bike definitely, but the value proposition of a ~$6k basic single pivot frame is hard to get behind.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Aesthetically beautiful bike definitely, but the value proposition of a ~$6k basic single pivot frame is hard to get behind.
IMO - It's a mistake to think of these purely from a value perspective though. The sheer man hours (probably "person-hours" these days...) involved in something like this would be immense. It's not coming down a production line with multiple workers just doing their one stage of production. It's one guy. Tubes are cut and mitered, jigged, welded, finished, then the frame goes off for paint. Add the product development costs/time and customizable geo into the mix, and the manufacturer probably wanting to eat and have an income, and not get overwhelmed by backorders and it's actually pretty reasonable for something made in Aus. Sure I wish it was cheaper, but I just think it's important to remember even a "production" frame from this mob isn't going to compete with a Taiwanese-made frame for value, simple suspension design or not.

Not having a dig at you @leitch - just think there's a distinction in what the product actually is that gets missed when people only look at the price-tag.

moorey

call me Mia
IMO - It's a mistake to think of these purely from a value perspective though. The sheer man hours (probably "person-hours" these days...) involved in something like this would be immense. It's not coming down a production line with multiple workers just doing their one stage of production. It's one guy. Tubes are cut and mitered, jigged, welded, finished, then the frame goes off for paint. Add the product development costs/time and customizable geo into the mix, and the manufacturer probably wanting to eat and have an income, and not get overwhelmed by backorders and it's actually pretty reasonable for something made in Aus. Sure I wish it was cheaper, but I just think it's important to remember even a "production" frame from this mob isn't going to compete with a Taiwanese-made frame for value, simple suspension design or not.

Not having a dig at you @leitch - just think there's a distinction in what the product actually is that gets missed when people only look at the price-tag.
I 100% get that. I know it will appeal to a certain buyer. I tend to think that buyer is less interest in the ride than the owning and admiring....and maybe the Instalikes.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a perfect yarra trails bling bike.. From reading the article that is what is was built for. Plenty of pedaling so none of this steep seat angle polava is needed..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Just to add to what @beeb already said - I think it's one of those things where if you "get" it it's actually pretty good value considering the monster amount of time and effort that goes into one of these frames. On face value yes $6k+ for a single pivot steel frame is crap when you can get a very nice plastic frame (with an EXT or Push shock) for similar coin. For now (watch those price rises in a few months though!) But once you've seen one of those handmade frames in person and the finish / paint quality blah suddenly blowing $4500 (or whatever) on a Prova titanium frame seems like a good idea. And if you're still immune get a Walty instead.

It's like a Singer Porsche. Yes obscenely expensive, but when you consider 4000+ hours of labour go into building one and the quality of the finished product it's actually pretty good value - if you appreciate that kinda thing.

moorey

call me Mia
Just to add to what @beeb already said - I think it's one of those things where if you "get" it it's actually pretty good value considering the monster amount of time and effort that goes into one of these frames. On face value yes $6k+ for a single pivot steel frame is crap when you can get a very nice plastic frame (with an EXT or Push shock) for similar coin. For now (watch those price rises in a few months though!) But once you've seen one of those handmade frames in person and the finish / paint quality blah suddenly blowing $4500 (or whatever) on a Prova titanium frame seems like a good idea. And if you're still immune get a Walty instead.

It's like a Singer Porsche. Yes obscenely expensive, but when you consider 4000+ hours of labour go into building one and the quality of the finished product it's actually pretty good value - if you appreciate that kinda thing.
No interest in a Porsche either though. None.
I’d rather a 60’s Aussie classic any day.
I get that I’m a philistine... I like to think that if I was rich AF I’d still be piecing used bikes together with my favorite old parts....but spending more time riding cool places with the kids.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I agree with you completely, no question, and I absolutely "get it" from a craftsmanship perspective @Asininedrivel - I'd happily pay the $$ for a Baum/Prova (way more than $4.5k btw :p)/Speedvagen/other road frame if I had them spare.

I fully acknowledge some serious cognitive dissonance going on in my head but I can't say the same about a TOR. It's pure instinctive prejudice and I'm calling myself a dickhead as I write it but I guess I just want more complexity and bearings. Gimme that Devlin.