beautiful bikes - post them here

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
No interest in a Porsche either though. None.
I’d rather a 60’s Aussie classic any day.
I get that I’m a philistine... I like to think that if I was rich AF I’d still be piecing used bikes together with my favorite old parts....but spending more time riding cool places with the kids.
Most 60s Aussie cars look like taxis with some bolt on bits to me.

Also *favourite

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It'd be an interesting comparison to get a quote from a fab shop to build up a frame to similar specs...
A general fab shop probably wouldn't touch it. Even a roll cage manufacturer wouldn't carry the right guage tubing required for a bike, so you'd be paying premiums for that, aswell as headstem, seat pole, bottom bracket shells, drop outs etc...
There's alot more than you think that goes into making a bike. I'm a Fitter and Turner / Fabricator Welder. And I can't even be bothered making one for myself.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
There's alot more than you think that goes into making a bike. I'm a Fitter and Turner / Fabricator Welder. And I can't even be bothered making one for myself.
Bingo. Occasionally there's an article on Pinkbike where some fabricator / engineer with a brain the size of a bus decides to chronicle their experiences of building a bike frame and it always (always) ends up being a complete **** of a job.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My guess is most bike builders do it because they have an extreme passion for it or they have an itch that needs to be scratched regarding geometry. I am highly doubtful any custom guys make money