Bargain buys thread

Jpez

Down on the left!
While we're on that - Shimano brakes are shit* Fight me.

If I had the money I'd grab a set of RSCs as spares for that price. Yet to hear much negativity about them.

*Saints excluded
Oh there’s plenty around! Usually by people that have never run them. Someone here the other day said Sram derailleurs are made of cheese.
I’ve got a Gx derailleur going on 6000km and with occasional maintenance and a squirt of lube every now and then it’s still running just as nice as my newish XO. No paint left on it and it looks pants but goes great.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Oh there’s plenty around! Usually by people that have never run them. Someone here the other day said Sram derailleurs are made of cheese.
I’ve got a Gx derailleur going on 6000km and with occasional maintenance and a squirt of lube every now and then it’s still running just as nice as my newish XO. No paint left on it and it looks pants but goes great.
Agreed on the Sram hate. Mate has an AXS derailleur that took a hit so large recently the body behind the p-knuckle you can peel back now. Still works fine. In my experience Sram drivetrains are far more durable and less finicky than Shimano. My old 11 speed GX suffered heinous abuse for years across multiple bikes without a hitch and all the 12 speed stuff has been great.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
While we're on that - Shimano brakes are shit* Fight me.

If I had the money I'd grab a set of RSCs as spares for that price. Yet to hear much negativity about them.

*Saints excluded
I’m still rockin’ some Avid Trail 9 four pot brakes on my commuter and they are awesome!

EDIT: No my commuter doesn’t need that much power but the brakes are too good to sit in the shed

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Codes are Shit mate, GX derailleurs are better than a broken XT, just.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m still rockin’ some Avid Trail 9 four pot brakes on my computer and they are awesome!

EDIT: No my commuter doesn’t need that much power but the brakes are too good to sit in the shed
Me too! I have em on my NS eccentric that I used to ride hard on trails and they are great. Now it’s a cough*gravel grinder* cough