Bargain buys thread

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I'd spend a bit less to avoid the LiveValve:
Understand the sentiment but when $500 more gets you far better suspension (Factory v Rhythm, Float X v basic DPS etc)? Even has XTR tinsel!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
'd spend a bit less to avoid the LiveValve:
I don't think I've heard of a single person outside of review sites with a LiveValve or Flight Control equipped bike.

Does anyone on here have any experience with those things?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I don't think I've heard of a single person outside of review sites with a LiveValve or Flight Control equipped bike.

Does anyone on here have any experience with those things?
The first BikeMag review of the system wasn't exactly glowing.

I'd still be keen to have a go, but given how efficient most suspension platforms are these days perhaps it's just an answer to a question no one is asking?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Understand the sentiment but when $500 more gets you far better suspension (Factory v Rhythm, Float X v basic DPS etc)? Even has XTR tinsel!
I'd spend the 500 extra on a Grip2 damper for the fork then. I prefer the chonkier Rhythm/Z1 chassis over the Performance Elite/Factory forks anyway, and would replace either of those shocks regardless.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Haha, yes that does not sound great at all. Electronic shifting seems like something that's been executed well, but shifting is either right or it's not. Suspension feel is so nuanced and there's a lot of personal preference in it as well.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Couple of decent eeb deals too.

Bikesonline have knocked the Marin down into the 7's, decent spec too.

The Giant has local pickup so local warranty.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

I'd still be keen to have a go, but given how efficient most suspension platforms are these days perhaps it's just an answer to a question no one is asking?
That is a decent review.

The point about the move towards hidden internal cable routing to keep everything tidy and then Fox Live says 'Hold my beer' and before you know it we are back for another lap of cable city.

I simply cannot be trusted to keep eGadgets on a bike charged and ready for action. These are issues I need to work on.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'd spend a bit less to avoid the LiveValve:
Yeah nah.

Irck

Likes Bikes
[mention]ozzybmx [/mention] Not me. I’d have tried to snag one if they were 29s though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I ended up going a Durolux...

The 36 RC2 ended up $835 shipped. The 38 was around $950 shipped I think...

Screenshot_20230520_003519_com.android.chrome.png

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ended up going a Durolux...

The 36 RC2 ended up $835 shipped. The 38 was around $950 shipped I think...

View attachment 399703
Did you go 38mm of 36mm?

The 36 forks are very good I find, and I heard the 38s are for heavier/ harder riders so can be a bit firm in damping..

I'd certainly like to try them.
They're a great deal either way.