Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
What offers perfect shifting with 46 then?
For me, it’s frame dependant. More often than not, older bikes struggle. I suspect it’s hanger length and position, being made when cassettes were small. Can get them to clear 46, but excessive B screw effects shift quality. People manage 50t with the shimano 11sp, but there would be a compromise I’m not prepared to make. A hanger extender can help.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
What offers perfect shifting with 46 then?
Running the components as per the manufacture instructions. This includes running the chain in the correct direction if it’s hg-x11. I’ve never had an issue with less than perfect shifting on Shimano 11speed.
Pony up the cash and buy full Shimano (not sum aliexpress shit).
poor man pays twice, or in @moorey s case 4 times and counting.

For me, it’s frame dependant. More often than not, older bikes struggle. I suspect it’s my dicks for fingers or hanger length and position, being made when cassettes were small. Can get them to clear 46, but excessive B screw effects shift quality. People manage 50t with the shimano 11sp, but there would be a compromise (buying actual Shimano gear) I’m not prepared to make. A hanger extender can help.
m8000 came out in 2016/2017, get with the times old man. Shifting is shit cos u can’t tune the gears. Maybe you should take the bike to a mechanic. :eek:

Last edited: