Bargain buys thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
130mm. V1 was 125. Didn't know Scout ran 150 also. That said, re: TT - 1) It's never going to happen 2) Ride the Crafty.

5010 would be an absolute rocket around your home trails daily loop.
5010 is a different animal to the Scout in more than just travel numbers though. It really is more of a play bike or "light trail" bike that'd satisfy @moorey's 27.5" XC intentions, whereas Scout can be setup to pop or absorb. Great bike regardless, just a little extra info for moorebags to digest. :)

moorey

call me Mia
130mm. V1 was 125. Didn't know Scout ran 150 also. That said, re: TT - 1) It's never going to happen 2) Ride the Crafty.

Agreed. If it was alloy it would be a no brainer.

beeb

Or a bit more travel in....ewwww...carbon.
It's just too far removed from the bike I really need atm. Albeit sweet.
Gotta say, my prayers are with you if break one of those frames 'cause it's likely been a very nasty crash.

Damn the V2's I had were stout.

beeb

I just have a preference for alloy, however irrational....particularly 2nd hand without warranty.
I get it, but I'd probably be more confident in a used carbon Santa Cruz frame than a lot of other brands used alloy frames (and almost all other used carbon frames). I was properly impressed.

moorey

call me Mia
I get it, but I'd probably be more confident in a used carbon Santa Cruz frame than a lot of other brands used alloy frames (and almost all other used carbon frames). I was properly impressed.
True. Seller gives me zero confidence though.

moorey

call me Mia
Never have I ever snapped a second hand alloy frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve only ever had 2, and only recently, with probably close to 100 used bikes bought over 25 years.
One was/is seemingly known for it…unbeknownst to me.
The other was very unexpected.
Both were cheap and well used though.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Didn’t know there was a second snapping. However, don’t let statistics get in the way of a good story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy

He'll probably say that this is too much travel: