Aquariums?

Belle

Eats Squid
my oscar is a nice little guy lived with tiger barbs , butterfly cichlids and angel fish at one stage. but he has grown allot since then.

Belle

Eats Squid
Nice, vallisneria in the community tank? elodea too maybe?

What sort of lighting are you running?

yes and yes
iam running 2 strandard grow globes 4 foot long in the community.
and one unknown in the American?
picked all three up at my local lights center.

'Belle', how big is that plec pictured?
7 1/2 inches.

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
Instead of making a new thread i thought i'd dig this one back up.
good work cody.
Been a on and off fish fan for a few years now. Currently have a breeding pair of convicts (making feeders for my other fish :eek: ) in a 2ft tank. and a 4ft native tank i am in the process of seting up currently has a turtle, specaled perch, barred grunter, bullrout (freash water stonefish) and soon to have a archer fish. Probably the 2 most basic setups i have had but i dont want fancy cichlids and discus and frontosa anymore as there to much work. :eek:

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
I have a 4ft tank with african cichlids:
-3x Long pelvic zebras
-1x acei
-(soon to be added)3x yellow lab
Are natives hard to keep?
Does anybody know about making rocks out of foam, then covering them with concrete? I heard thats a cheaper way of building caves for fish???

mountain_bike man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only have old photo's for now, tanks have changed abit since they have been taken. Have a 4 ft and a 2ft that has recently been changed to salty, have started with two clowns and two anemone's. All going well so far, easier than i thought it would be.
4ft, African cichlids and loaches. tanks been changed allot.

Gorami 9 and abit years old.

Crap photo

Will get an update soon.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Two fish are sitting in a tank.

One says to the other "how do we drive this thing?"

BOOM tish.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

Try the veal...

;)

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
I have a 4ft tank with african cichlids:
-3x Long pelvic zebras
-1x acei
-(soon to be added)3x yellow lab
Are natives hard to keep?
Does anybody know about making rocks out of foam, then covering them with concrete? I heard thats a cheaper way of building caves for fish???
I have seen a few "how to" instructions on it but i have never tryed. I go up to redcliff and theres HEAPS of red lava rock allover the beach next to the realy long jetty , adds some colour and looks good. Do you have 1 male zebra and 2 femals?

some old photos
turdie when he was 50c big

little video of my old community tank (thats the lava rock i was talking about) at the end of the video the eruptus comes and scares all the clown loachs away.

the nicest convict i have ever breed/seen

male eye biter

firemouths

Last edited:

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
I have seen a few "how to" instructions on it but i have never tryed. I go up to redcliff and theres HEAPS of red lava rock allover the beach next to the realy long jetty , adds some colour and looks good. Do you have 1 male zebra and 2 femals?
yeah but there not breeding???????????????? i dont think i have a good enough tank set up... im re-doing my rock work tomorro.

WIGUM

Likes Bikes
i just got a little 40L tank, salt water. Put some live rock in it yesterday and cannot get annyfish for two weeks. I'll post a pic when i do. Planniong on getting some nemos or a lion fish but that mantis shrimp sounds epic.

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
i just got a little 40L tank, salt water. Put some live rock in it yesterday and cannot get annyfish for two weeks. I'll post a pic when i do. Planniong on getting some nemos or a lion fish but that mantis shrimp sounds epic.
Whoops. thats a mates account and this is mine, so i am the one with the tank. Im a idiot

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Has any one else had that trouble of you go buy fish and everything goes well for about 3 or 4 months but then they all die
So you go get some more fish to re-place them and then next week the die
And so this continues to happen until you just get tired of keeping fish and just stop

Happened to me a couple of years back and after that I really cant be stuffed looking after fish

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Has any one else had that trouble of you go buy fish and everything goes well for about 3 or 4 months but then they all die
So you go get some more fish to re-place them and then next week the die
And so this continues to happen until you just get tired of keeping fish and just stop

Happened to me a couple of years back and after that I really cant be stuffed looking after fish
nope cant say its ever happened:rolleyes:

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
Damnit.

I must really suck then
haha, if they only lasted a week its most likely your water like cody said. What sort of fish where they. It might sound like a stupid question but did you put anying water ager into the tank, or just use tap water? Some fish have pretty picky ph levels as well, but most tap water is pretty close to the middle range so i wouldnt think that would kill the fish. Did you have a heater?

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
haha, if they only lasted a week its most likely your water like cody said. What sort of fish where they. It might sound like a stupid question but did you put anying water ager into the tank, or just use tap water? Some fish have pretty picky ph levels as well, but most tap water is pretty close to the middle range so i wouldnt think that would kill the fish. Did you have a heater?
Yeah I'm fair sure I did the right thing but just failed.
We figured that the tank might have been dodgy because we got it off of some person we knew and the stuff holding the sides together was probably toxic to the fish or something. I can't remember what fish they were, i had a few different ones...