Appin 8 Hour

Optimus

Likes Bikes
Yeah I knew that - I was kinda hoping he was referring to the pic of the guy standing next to a submerged bike.
I'm thinking it's a post race clean as there's no numberplate on the bike.

However, with that being said, there's a couple shots of me without my numberplate on as it tore off after doing a quick swap of bikes (and numberplate) which didn't hold up to the extra weight of the timing transponder. However speaking to the timing dude at the end of the race, the transponder can be read up to a height of over 2m, so as I put the numberplate and transponder in my pocket, my laps still got recorded.

What did other people think of the electronic timing? My only gripe was that it was too heavy to be attached to the flimsy WWS numberplate. The thicker paper used by CORC for the Scott would hold up to it me thinks.

cods

Likes Bikes
Just washing the mud off.

Yeah I knew that - I was kinda hoping he was referring to the pic of the guy standing next to a submerged bike.
The photo of the guy in the river was after the race. He was just washing his bike before putting it into his car.

As for the E timer chip, My one stayed in place for the five laps I did. It sort of looked a little flimsy in the plastic bag. but was a simple good idea.
At other events I have seen the chips cable tied to stems, forks, handle bars etc by the Timing Guys, which is way more labour intensive just before the start. At least putting the chip in a bag on the number plate reduces the work load at race start.

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Pictures are just going up now. Delay was the large file sizes weren't liked by the photo gallery software. Theres about 60 photos to be loaded on so check them all out soon.

Also WMBC have a club round on this weekend at the track. Come along and ride the track in the usual club format....

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Pictures are just going up now. Delay was the large file sizes weren't liked by the photo gallery software. Theres about 60 photos to be loaded on so check them all out soon.

Also WMBC have a club round on this weekend at the track. Come along and ride the track in the usual club format....
Hey are you going to take the nice rocks out from the bottom of the ledges so the drops are back to their usual challenge?? (see pic 60... that nice large flat rock wasn't there a month or so back...) ;)