anyone name their Bike (or their car?)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Mate of mine had a Jap-spec N14 SSS when we were in our early driving years. Now we've entered a mid life crisis age he's bought a GTi-R.

Just make it happen, @Asininedrivel .

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Mate of mine had a Jap-spec N14 SSS when we were in our early driving years. Now we've entered a mid life crisis age he's bought a GTi-R.

Oh my mid life crisis car is pretty much locked in - a Golf R in a few years (boring choice yes but find me a performance car that does it all better). Also been having a lot of sideways glances at GR Yarii lately. Otherwise it's a Cayman GTS 4 litre if I get into insider trading or a GT3 Touring if I do really well at insider trading.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
The only bike I ever named was "Bettsy" a step through commuter (complete with front basket) that I rode through a part of Tuscany back in 2014.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
A practical but fast and entertaining hot hatch is wise move for a mid life crisis.
Whatever it is or whoever makes it, it's a winning formula that is easy to live with.

Although, I like the idea of a convertible, it seems to go like this:
  1. Buy convertible and drive around with the top down.
  2. Find out that getting blasted by wind from all angles and sunburn isn't as much fun as you thought it would be.
  3. Particularly if the owner is follicularly challenged then needs a baseball cap to stop head sunburn.

Isn't wearing a hat in a convertible like having your own personal car roof that you purposely removed anyhow?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My ancient TR Magna was called El Burro (the amount of shit that car tolerated probably went against something in the Geneva Convention) and my old N14 Pulsar was called Little Red Rocket by my girlfriend at the time, because it was.... red and surprisingly spritely and fun to drive for what should've been an anemic 1.6 litre. Good car.
I like El Burro for car name. Although I picture an old US pickup truck over a Magna.
Loved the N14 Pulsars but I bought the Celica hairdressers car instead. Could fit a bike in the back of the Celica hatch pretty easily too.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

Had a mate with a GTiR. That thing was very cool. So much fun to drive. Very, very thirsty when pushed. Just as much fun as my other mate's Skyline GTS-4. That thing with 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel drive was mad. NZ was much fun for jap import cars. Cheap and not restricted like it was in Aus at the time. I'm talking the late 90s....

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
NZ was much fun for jap import cars. Cheap and not restricted like it was in Aus at the time. I'm talking the late 90s....
I remember that time well. Translation: I remember us all staring enviously across the ditch at you lot having playtime with all sorts of insane looking stuff while the most exciting thing we could get for $5k was a non-turbo R31.

greendream

Likes Bikes
Used to drive a Lexus IS350 that went by the name of “The licks arse”.
Bit before that had a bright blue Ford falcon xr6 vct st which was affectionately known as the “wog box”.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Loosely. The Giant Reign was the Ant (due to some misplaced electrical tape) and then the Commandant (Commuter Ant) for a while. The Blur was Corndog, which was a stretch, the colours were (sort of) Dutch, so was this guy, and slang.
The red Giant OCR was the Red Rattler, because I work with trains and it rattles.
The Niner was Tumeke, because it was supposed to be a junker and ended up getting premium bits.
The Curve GXR is Kevin (of Steel), but that's Curve's name for it. Kevin likes a Spank:

The Spitfire is... just the spitty.

All the bikes have a train designation attached though, it just kind of became a theme after the Red Rattler, which I had when I started work. I've now been through the Red Rattler (retired, Giant OCR), EMU (retired, Niner), NGR (Spitty) and the NIF (Curve GXR). The Blur never got one though, I could never think of an appropriate class for that one.

I may have a problem.