Anyone a Paramedic or an Ambo....or work for QAS

Lyndal

Cannon Fodder
waiting as well

Hi All.
I'm also waiting to hear about an interview. I'm from northern NSW. Does anyone know where the interviews are held? Is it only in Brisbane?? Has everyone now heard about interview times? Hmmm, maybe I'm not getting one...Have been following this thread for a few months now and, like everyone else, has been great to follow the experiences of others going through the same thing.

koby

Cannon Fodder
not heard yet

Hi All.
I'm also waiting to hear about an interview. I'm from northern NSW. Does anyone know where the interviews are held? Is it only in Brisbane?? Has everyone now heard about interview times? Hmmm, maybe I'm not getting one...Have been following this thread for a few months now and, like everyone else, has been great to follow the experiences of others going through the same thing.
I haven't heard yet but from reading my letter saying I passed the physical/medical it reads that I should get one - I hope so. If I haven't heard by the end of the week I'll email them to let me know...all this waiting is a killer...fingers crossed....as far as I can see they are only held in Brisbane..??

Cazaus

Cannon Fodder
New!!!!

Hi Guys

Thought I would join this site as it is great!!! I have just sent off my apllication for student paramedic QLD and excited to hopefully hear back from them!!!!! It seems like it has taken some people a long time to get to the final stage, but worth the wait no doubt!!!!
Has anyone experienced a quick process with the recruitment stages????

Goodluck to those of you who have your interviews coming up!!!!

Caz

koby

Cannon Fodder
Hi Guys

Has anyone experienced a quick process with the recruitment stages????

Caz
Hi Caz - I put my application in March 2009 - so not a fast process - BUT I just recieved my phonecall to book my interview in - right when my Bali holiday was on - so cancelling that!! 3 week of Feb - Can't wait....cheers

Cazaus

Cannon Fodder
Wow that is a long time to wait!!! Thanks for getting back to me, hope you have a fab holiday!!!! Why has the whole process taken so long??? Do they let you know quite quickly if your application has been successful to start with????

Lyndal

Cannon Fodder
Wow that is a long time to wait!!! Thanks for getting back to me, hope you have a fab holiday!!!! Why has the whole process taken so long??? Do they let you know quite quickly if your application has been successful to start with????
I sent my app off in July. Took about 2 weeks to hear anything. The longest part was psychometric and aptitude. Had to wait for availability for testing and then 6 weeks to get results back. Medical and fitness test you can get through pretty quickly but there's still a wait to hear about the next stage. I did fitness test in early Dec, got email from QAS just before chrissy saying had passed and interview is next and still waiting.

Congrats Koby on the interview!

koby

Cannon Fodder
thank you!

I
Congrats Koby on the interview!
Thank you ! - they did tell me though because I live on the Gold Coast that they probably won't have a position vacant there in April - will have to wait till another intake but I'd rather wait than go t the Brisbane area. OF COURSE that's if I pass....GOOD luck everyone!!!:cool:

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
The process is only as long as you allow it to be.

If you are on the ball and book in a psychometric testing date, and get your medical assesment and fitness test done shortly after that you will only have to wait for the interview which are usually held 2 months or so before the intake.

Last year I put my inital app in april, did the psychometric testing in July (closest available date) then followed up with medical and fitness in August & September, interviewed late october, started early jan.

tigra

Cannon Fodder
I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone contemplating a "career" with the QAS chat with an ACP with some experience first. Most ACP's/ICP's/Student Paras move on due to the management circus and conditions, not because of the job itself.

Current ACP - Ex EMD - 7+ years QAS

Last edited:

tigra

Cannon Fodder
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the info.

I got an email yesterday saying my application was accepted :eek:) Yay!!!

Why do you guys want to be paramedics? I think it would be really interesting and rewarding. I am an 'action' kind of person and I think it would suit my personality too.

Have you guys who got accepted seen some really messed up stuff? And how do you deal with that after your shift is over?

I am trying to figure out what traits are needed to be a great paramedic.

Ok, have an awesome day,

Corinne

Not much "action" as an ACP im afraid i can report - DOH

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
well forumscanner - how is the 6 weeks traning going - what you imagined?? Hope you are enjoying it!!:)
the workshop 1 is going good, nearly at the end of week three. In the initial workshop you have 4 exams and a series of practical assessments in which you must perform 22 different skills correctly in different scenarios

kymbo83

Cannon Fodder
Any tips would be hugely apprectiated!!!

:)Hi all...

A big congrats to those of you have interviews in Feb!..

I have my Aptitude test etc in about 2 weeks and was hoping someone could give me a lil advice! I've been doing heaps of practice tests online but a lot of them seem to be different levels of difficulty, so could anyone tell me some of the types of questions they have? Like r there graphs and tables in the numerical test, or wat number is missing from this sequence, or lots of percentages and fractions?

For the interview, what's the STAR questions about? Is this how you should structure ur answers? :confused:

Cheers

Kym