Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I’ll play your sick game, some time.

…. just nipping off to downgrade my ftp score a little.
Just hit the [page down] button to drop your FTP 2.5% or [page up] to increase your FTP 2.5% on the fly, but you max it out at 125% or 75%.

Or the ultimate workout fixing button [TAB], this skips the current workout segment... on a couple of occasions I have tabbed ~20 times and skipped to the end of the workout.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Just hit the [page down] button to drop your FTP 2.5% or [page up] to increase your FTP 2.5% on the fly, but you max it out at 125% or 75%.

Or the ultimate workout fixing button [TAB], this skips the current workout segment... on a couple of occasions I have tabbed ~20 times and skipped to the end of the workout.
Don’t tell me things like that!

ozzybmx

They need a press-and-hold “release me from the ERG death-spiral” button.
Tab will do that if pressed repeatedly, though probably not when skipping a 150w block for a 300w block :)

I haven't had it in a long time, once you know how it happens, you just keep the cadence up.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
…once you know how it happens, you just keep the cadence up.
The problem I have is I am not a high-cadence spinner by nature. So I could torque my way up the AdZ at 60-80 rpm and Zwift would go, “Ah cool, you’re FTP is now ___”, but chuck it on ERG mode and if suddenly wants 1.5x FTP (or whatever the workout dictated) seemingly at a minimum of 95rpm and I just couldn’t sustain the intervals (and not for lack of trying). Didn’t know that FTP “shaping” with the PGUP/PGDOWN keys was possible though - that would’ve been handy…

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The problem I has was that as I am not a high-cadence spinner by nature. So I could torque my way up the AdZ at 60-80 rpm and Zwift would go, “Ah cool, you’re FTP is now ___”, but chuck it on ERG mode and if suddenly wants 1.5x FTP (or whatever the workout dictated) seemingly at a minimum of 95rpm and I just couldn’t sustain the intervals (and not for lack of trying). Didn’t know that FTP “shaping” with the PGUP/PGDOWN keys was possible though - that would’ve been handy…
TLDR. See you on the Alpe tonight?

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I picked up one of the Yoinkers accounts as at the time we were going to share one.

Then the whole weight doping penny dropped, the w/Kg, the FTP... so we split and went our own accounts but the main pay account in my name was originally his, so I still login with his email.

Only when I realised that the 'Everest challenge' needed to be selected, I went looking for it... and seen the little twit had been messing around with the settings and selected ToC and made the Trainer Difficulty setting 100%.

Not sure if the Everest challenge needs to be selected for the 50km Tron bike total but I'm about half way there.

EDIT: Found It, so I am at only 18,000vm. 32km to go.
I had the tour of California as default challenge on mine. Have changed it to Everest now, 7.5km gone to waste

ozzybmx

I had the tour of California as default challenge on mine. Have changed it to Everest now, 7.5km gone to waste
Damn... only 50,000m climbing to go.

You could start doing some workouts up big hills, going for climbing metres rather than distance.

Then again, who needs a glowing bike :p

ozzybmx

Weight doping for the descents.
Just move your difficulty slider to 100%

Trainer Difficulty banter often ignores the fact that the setting affects the feel of downhills as well as uphills! If you’re spinning out on descents, reducing Trainer Difficulty and/or changing your gearing are the only fixes. (Well, that or just going slower…)

Little-known fact: Zwift only sends half the descent gradient to your trainer. So at 100% Trainer Difficulty on a 10% downhill, your trainer is replicating a 5% downhill. At 50% Trainer Difficulty, it’s replicating a 2.5% downhill.