Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm using a 2016 13" HP envy 13-d008tu with mine and no issues with it so far. See you smashed out the ride ons on the 6km ride @ozzybmx
It was actually 19km until it froze, it only recovered 6km.

Those PP group event people drop 'ride-on' bombs of 5 at a time, might even get a Jensie badge if you are lucky.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
It was actually 19km until it froze, it only recovered 6km.

Those PP group event people drop 'ride-on' bombs of 5 at a time, might even get a Jensie badge if you are lucky.
Something to be said for riding with the groups I guess..I went solo up the Alpe and got about 3 total on the ride:D

ozzybmx

Something to be said for riding with the groups I guess..I went solo up the Alpe and got about 3 total on the ride:D
Sound like my usual rides :) and usually one of them is from Rockmoose who isn't even riding.

I was only doing it to test my graphics card connection/driver, I know the dropping of thumb bombs gets the car working and displaying the fault code listed above... well it did before the Bios upgrade last night. Been running YouTube on it all morning with the Event Viewer open, all seems fixed.

The PP rides seem ok but I like efforts rather than a constant... maybe I should follow Bowie Brevet at 3.3w/Kg and have a continuous effort.

I'll do the MAAP ride at midday... its bloody miserable out there, cant even see the end of my driveway for mist and showers.

The dog hasn't even left its bed, never mind went outside.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Yeah..in for a couple of days of this I think. We've been lucky enough to avoid it for a while now. I've got a bit of office work to do, so not overly bothered about the weather today. Fingers crossed the PC holds out.

ozzybmx

YOOO BEAUTY !!!!

Not one entry in the Event Viewer from Midday onwards, so no issues when running Zwift till 13:15.

Problem solved: Bios updated, this loaded a 2017 driver for the GPU (instead of the 2012 one), when I turned it on today, it had optional updates with another Nvidia updated driver from 2018 for the GPU. New drivers for network card, Bluetooth and Nvidia sound.

Core usage bouncing off 100%, core temp steady at 82°C, no stutters in graphics for the whole session... may have nailed the issue.

Even treated myself to NBD.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Is it easier from a laptop? It's a pain in the arse to give them from a tablet and phone combo.
Its easiest on the Companion app, you just tap the white circle around your 'arrow pointer' on the map screen, this gives the closest 5 people ride-ons, after about 5 seconds you can do it again.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
YOOO BEAUTY !!!!

Not one entry in the Event Viewer from Midday onwards, so no issues when running Zwift till 13:15.

Problem solved: Bios updated, this loaded a 2017 driver for the GPU (instead of the 2012 one), when I turned it on today, it had optional updates with another Nvidia updated driver from 2018 for the GPU. New drivers for network card, Bluetooth and Nvidia sound.

Core usage bouncing off 100%, core temp steady at 82°C, no stutters in graphics for the whole session... many have nailed the issue.

View attachment 390381

Even treated myself to NBD.

View attachment 390380
Now go and test it on The Four Horsemen.

ozzybmx

@Mattyp will do a group ride with you. You can just draft him, and pepper the punters with ride ons.
89km !!!!

Too long, I couldn't spend that amount of time on a stationary bike.

Might do a bit of Sasquatch spotting up the Alpe or Ventoux.

I need to make up for all those climbing metres I wasted on the Tour Of California or I will never have N-glowing-BD.

rockmoose

89km !!!!

Too long, I couldn't spend that amount of time on a stationary bike.

Might do a bit of Sasquatch spotting up the Alpe or Ventoux.

I need to make up for all those climbing metres I wasted on the Tour Of California or I will never have N-glowing-BD.

View attachment 390382
I didn't alter my climbing at all to do ToC, nor the Tour of Italy. What made you choose to go all flatearther?

rockmoose

Just noticed, I've only got to do 9 more Alpes, for the badge.........

Also saw on ZI that there is a hidden badge for completing The McCarthy Special, Mr Hyde.

ozzybmx

I didn't alter my climbing at all to do ToC, nor the Tour of Italy. What made you choose to go all flatearther?
I picked up one of the Yoinkers accounts as at the time we were going to share one.

Then the whole weight doping penny dropped, the w/Kg, the FTP... so we split and went our own accounts but the main pay account in my name was originally his, so I still login with his email.

Only when I realised that the 'Everest challenge' needed to be selected, I went looking for it... and seen the little twit had been messing around with the settings and selected ToC and made the Trainer Difficulty setting 100%.

Not sure if the Everest challenge needs to be selected for the 50km Tron bike total but I'm about half way there.

EDIT: Found It, so I am at only 18,000vm. 32km to go.

If you’ve seen the TurboCyclist Ultimate Guide to Zwift and Indoor Cycling, you might have noticed Tip Number 18.

This is…

That the first thing you should do on downloading Zwift is sign up for the Everest Challenge.

A common mistake is to miss it out climb 25,000 metres and then realise they could have been halfway there.

The metres only count once you’ve signed up to the challenge.

Been there. Done that. I wasted my time doing the Tour of California challenge. And who knows what you get for that? Who cares?

rockmoose

I picked up one of the Yoinkers accounts as at the time we were going to share one.

Then the whole weight doping penny dropped, the w/Kg, the FTP... so we split and went our own accounts but the main pay account in my name was originally his, so I still login with his email.

Only when I realised that the 'Everest challenge' needed to be selected, I went looking for it... and seen the little twit had been messing around with the settings and selected ToC and made the Trainer Difficulty setting 100%.

Not sure if the Everest challenge needs to be selected for the 50km Tron bike total but I'm about half way there.

EDIT: Found It, so I am at only 18,000vm. 32km to go.
Damn that yoinker, you should trade him in. I selected the tron challenge right from the start.

ozzybmx

Damn that yoinker, you should trade him in. I selected the tron challenge right from the start.
He had it selected in the other 6 accounts as its the default challenge.

When I asked him why he changed it, he said he was just looking around Zwift and didn't know the significance of changing it.

Fair enough, neither did I until I went looking for it... and seen it was changed. I reckon its only 6000-7000m anyway :oops:

rockmoose

He had it selected in the other 6 accounts as its the default challenge.

When I asked him why he changed it, he said he was just looking around Zwift and didn't know the significance of changing it.

Fair enough, neither did I until I went looking for it... and seen it was changed. I reckon its only 6000-7000m anyway :oops:
You'll knock that off before lunch.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Its easiest on the Companion app, you just tap the white circle around your 'arrow pointer' on the map screen, this gives the closest 5 people ride-ons, after about 5 seconds you can do it again.
Well that makes a whole lot more sense.

Probably my biggest issue Zwift. It's not exactly intuitive, if you don't have time to wade thru all the offshoot support sites you really have no idea what's going on

ozzybmx

Well that makes a whole lot more sense.

Probably my biggest issue Zwift. It's not exactly intuitive, if you don't have time to wade thru all the offshoot support sites you really have no idea what's going on
Its not, though I find it easier to navigate on the computer with keys and mouse, rather than my phone, BUT I did hambo the ride-on-bombs and found it was pretty easy on the phone app.