Any Zwifters out there?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I bought a wahoo kickr along with the rest of Melbournes cyclist's during the second lot of lockdowns last year. Recently set it back up for winter and told myself I'd commit to riding it 3 times a week. I'm 2/3rds of the way there. The zwift races/group rides are more interesting than just riding around aimlessly, but be prepared for D grade events full of roadie sand baggers who are clearly not D grade and don't follow the power recommendations for each class.
I think I've settled for finishing somewhere In the middle of C grade events.
It's a good way to spin the legs for an hour or so where you otherwise wouldn't.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've just reset mine up in the shed. I've just had a partial Parotidectomy (removed a tumor and about 5 cms off the bottom of the Parotid salivary gland)... and recovery is slowwwwww. Keen to start some light riding again but struggle to wear a helmet because of rubbing where the incisions were. Solution... indoor riding, helmet free. To speed my recovery I've also spent way more than I should have on a high end mtb frame and lots of build components...should help with motivation to get back on the trails :D.

I'm "Muz Russell" on Zwift if anyone wants to meet up. Maybe we could make a Zwift group. If interested...add your Zwift name to the thread.

Cheers
I tried organised a few club events last year for our MTB club, adding something to your zwift name is an easy way for everyone to recognise and search for each other.

drop something like "RBZ" (Rotorburn zwift) at the end of our names maybe?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I bought a wahoo kickr along with the rest of Melbournes cyclist's during the second lot of lockdowns last year. Recently set it back up for winter and told myself I'd commit to riding it 3 times a week. I'm 2/3rds of the way there. The zwift races/group rides are more interesting than just riding around aimlessly, but be prepared for D grade events full of roadie sand baggers who are clearly not D grade and don't follow the power recommendations for each class.
I think I've settled for finishing somewhere In the middle of C grade events.
It's a good way to spin the legs for an hour or so where you otherwise wouldn't.
I'm a mid b grade rider, often in the lead group. If it's a mixed event I'll usually spend the ride playing keep up with a few C and D riders holding 4w/kg plus.

I'm honestly not sure what you get out of that. I mean you're on zwift to get a workout and/or see how you go against other riders. Wouldn't putting yourself in a lower category negate both of these? You get almost nothing for a win, get to see your name at the top of a list for 30 seconds then it's gone, and anyone past 20 won't see your name there anyway. It's perplexing

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Changed my Zwift handle to "Muzza Russell (RBZ)" ... will search for Rotorburners next time I'm on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Did a C grade race tonight and won... up to B next time maybe. It was close enough though.

We are on 2nd free email account of a 7 week hire of this Kickr trainer.

Depends if he wants one of his own before we subscribe to it.

Should probably dig out a HRM too.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
The weight... yes, very much so. Thats what zwift is... watts per KG. 200watts by a 50kg rider is not the same as 200 watts by a 90kg rider.

ozzybmx

The weight... yes, very much so. Thats what zwift is... watts per KG. 200watts by a 50kg rider is not the same as 200 watts by a 90kg rider.
Yes I understand that part... so zwift allows manual entry of weight, then by simply putting a lower weigh is making riders quicker and riding easier = cheating ?

At least with Strava you have to ride the segment on an ebike to cheat... bloody false weigh entry is all it takes :oops:

No wonder 'C' grade was easy(ish)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Yeah its that easy, but you're just cheating yourself? You're paying for a training tool...why would you fudge the numbers? Im sure people do it, but I dont get it.

ozzybmx

Yeah its that easy, but you're just cheating yourself? You're paying for a training tool...why would you fudge the numbers? Im sure people do it, but I dont get it.
Exactly, no point a 90kg bloke (me) having a weight 30-33kg lighter to be pushed in A/B grade and called out as a cheat. Better getting pushed in C/D.

I'll have another go on Friday and get the weigh adjusted, you have me worried, might sandbag it back to 'D' :D

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yes I understand that part... so zwift allows manual entry of weight, then by simply putting a lower weigh is making riders quicker and riding easier = cheating ?
This is why for the “pro” Zwift races you have to film yourself weighing in, and then also submit a second ride file (e.g. from a Garmin) to prove you’re not manipulating the power figures by software patch.

ozzybmx

Holy shit ! Its a massive thing on Zwift... weight doping, even reverse weigh doping. Stalking competitors on social media to gauge their actual weight the call them out as cheaters... its a bit serious.

The reverse weigh doping is a strange one, you are around top of C grade and enjoying it but your FTP improves and your w/kg increases into B grade level, not enjoying being a mid packer in B... add a few kilos and drop back down into podium mix in C.

Seeing as though this is the Zwift thread now...i did this today. It hurt...all 2hrs of it.
That's dedication, good work.

This is why for the “pro” Zwift races you have to film yourself weighing in, and then also submit a second ride file (e.g. from a Garmin) to prove you’re not manipulating the power figures by software patch.
I've just read about smart scales that upload your weight straight to zwift.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I was all keen for trying out an Aussie Crit group tonight but got home too late. There was one that had down to E grade so thought that would be a good starting point.

Alas I ended up in a Korean one with only c grade as the lowest and just got smashed. I’ve never done anything like this except for an amateur real life C grade XC race at Hornsby years ago but that was only 3 laps of a track I knew well and being MTB had lots of rest period on the downs. I’ve never pedalled non stop for more than 20-30 minutes as far as I can remember. Everything is little foggy right now and I feel a bit like having a little vomit haha I’m a total lightweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk