All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Well it seems I am terrible at picking my battles....

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$54.39 | CRUZbike MTB Mountain Bike Crankset GXP Bicycle Crank 160mm/170mm/175mm Black Aluminum Alloy with Bottom Bracket

View attachment 406205
View attachment 406206

"Strength enough to support"

Thank goodness for that!

View attachment 406204
Goodbye John. It was nice knowing you.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$54.39 | CRUZbike MTB Mountain Bike Crankset GXP Bicycle Crank 160mm/170mm/175mm Black Aluminum Alloy with Bottom Bracket
They look like a solid Shimano knock off. Interested to see how they hold up after a season of d00dworthy rides.

PJO

in me vL comy

View attachment 406205
View attachment 406206

Thank goodness for that!

View attachment 406204
Interested in your impressions once you've fitted and ridden them. Contemplating buying some for my sons bike...

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

View attachment 406205
View attachment 406206

Thank goodness for that!

View attachment 406204
Chainring turned up today so put these beauties on the bike....
Compress_20240115_204548_8218.jpg

Compress_20240115_204549_9286.jpg

Had a rigorous bounce around the backyard (linky below)

This shouldn't be a problem :oops:

SEND IT!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Crank twisting I think, hard to tell. Definitely looks like crank twist in person

173mm I think
Just for reference...I was hanging off a 3 foot extension with the spindle mounted in a lathe trying to straighten my xt crank...couldn't get it to move...
China max weight limit... o_O

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Just for reference...I was hanging off a 3 foot extension with the spindle mounted in a lathe trying to straighten my xt crank...couldn't get it to move...
China max weight limit... o_O
I've met you Mattyp. You're a light weight :p

In all seriousness though, what I can see when I push down on the pedal is a little disconcerting but I would've been pleasantly surprised had it been as stiff as an XT crank (for the bargain basement price of $50)

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've had these installed for about 2 weeks on my commuter, and I haven't noticed any excess flex, done a few gutter drops and I'm the best of 90kg. The forging looks fairly good, the paintwork is thin and crap, and a lot of the machining wasn't deburred pretty much like most Chinese products. They don't have the course splines as depicted in the ad.

Last edited: