All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
This popped up on my feed today. Says they are a relatively new product...

ZTTO MTB E-bike 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake Team Series 2.3mm Rotors Full Meatal Pad Mineral Oil For AM Enduro DH Bike
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqhxFp c
I had these pop up... I'm guessing this is what you meant to link.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$16.48 25%OFF | ZTTO MTB E-bike 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake Team Series 2.3mm Rotors Full Meatal Pad Mineral Oil For AM Enduro DH Bike

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$16.48 25%OFF | ZTTO MTB E-bike 4 Piston Hydraulic Disc Brake Team Series 2.3mm Rotors Full Meatal Pad Mineral Oil For AM Enduro DH Bike
Haha, "full meatal".

They look kind of cool. Similar to the pro e4 brakes but the lever clamp is hinged and the brake pads are Shimano 4 pot style. Nice.
Hopefully the next iteration has a banjo fitting at the caliper.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yes indeedy.

Not sure why that link fkd up. Edited post.

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
They look kind of cool. Similar to the pro e4 brakes but the lever clamp is hinged and the brake pads are Shimano 4 pot style. Nice.
Hopefully the next iteration has a banjo fitting at the caliper.
A number of newer model brakes have actually moved away from using a traditional banjo fitting. For example the sram g2 rs brakes have a fitting that looks similar to these aliexpress brakes.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The real deal ?

I've bought 'Genuine 3M' stuff before that was like sticky glad wrap for backing books.
I've bought basically that exact item from eBay a few times and haven't been disappointed. Definitely seems to be the genuine stuff.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
A number of newer model brakes have actually moved away from using a traditional banjo fitting. For example the sram g2 rs brakes have a fitting that looks similar to these aliexpress brakes.
You'd think the straight through connection would be more reliable and get a better / easier bleed. Less things to pass thorough and less curves.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
You'd think the straight through connection would be more reliable and get a better / easier bleed. Less things to pass thorough and less curves.
Was thinking the same. Banjo is good for adjusting the angle to suit whatever strange hose routing different bike manufacturer's decide to use. But as you say, SS is direct and simple.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Recent purchase for my dirt jumper. I'd previously just bodged up some spacers either side of the rear cog but it was not ideal. This is much better (yes, yes one of these days I'll build up a ss hub).

Had a pedal around the neighbourhood after installing it. Works as advertised. I always got some disconcerting creaks/cracks from the previous bodgy setup. Nice and quiet now.
received_2478383462341186.jpeg

received_264211809862344.jpeg

received_872220847666027.jpeg

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
The last few Kms went quickly, just over .75 at 3121kms.

It's a bit under the distance I was expecting but I hadn't really cleaned the chain periodically either. Flicked on a new chain today and everything seems fine. Also changed the lube from RnR blue to C3 ceramic dry lube halfway through and did a few rides in the wet so maybe that shortened the life a bit.

20230919_165753.jpg

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
SLA ? Meant to go 7000km.

New chain, no jumping... Win :cool:
This is 10sp but I usually get around 4000kms from an XT on the commuter, the best I've had so far is over 5000kms on xtr 9 speed but you can run them just under .1 on road bikes without too many issues. I've had a few of the big pinned YBNs on MTBs but never really gotten much over 2000kms. For $20/chain I'm not cleaning chains every 5 mins, easy to run them into the ground and replace them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Aliexpress shock pump arrived. Though I'll give it a try as it always intrigues me that my ever disappearing collection of shock pumps have a 30psi span of difference between them.

Fucker is leaking air into the battery compartment. Dropping about 2psi per second. Pulled it apart, find that the sensor seal o-ring isn't actually contacting the sensor.

Messed about for a while, took a video and sent it to Ali.

Dropped a load of Loctite 401 (super glue) around the sensor hole/o-ring interface and 30 mins later, its holding air pressure.

Will see what Ali says... as usual, once you've received the item, you usually get shafted.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aliexpress shock pump arrived. Though I'll give it a try as it always intrigues me that my ever disappearing collection of shock pumps have a 30psi span of difference between them.

Fucker is leaking air into the battery compartment. Dropping about 2psi per second. Pulled it apart, find that the sensor seal o-ring isn't actually contacting the sensor.

Messed about for a while, took a video and sent it to Ali.

Dropped a load of Loctite 401 (super glue) around the sensor hole/o-ring interface and 30 mins later, its holding air pressure.

Will see what Ali says... as usual, once you've received the item, you usually get shafted.
Mine does the same, I'll sus out your fix. Does yours also turn off after 5 seconds?