All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With both resin and ceramic or just one of them?
Pink/purple and the gold, whatever those versions are. I think ceramic and full metal. Like I mentioned though, the poor braking could potentially have been the overall setup or something else at the time so definitely need to revisit.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Wow mate, your full order history looks earily similar to my own.
Have you been happy with the bearings?
Isee you got a spoke tension meter. Those aliexpress pro truing stands are worth it if you ever get into wheels and need one.

Bearings seem fine, I did pack them with grease before fitting.
I always just build the wheels in the bike, I haven't looked at stands. What's the benefit of a stand?
That seat is great by the way. Not sure how many muddy ass rides it will last but it's comfy and light and looks pretty good.

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
$27 digital shock pump. Someone here said they work well.

I have one of these which is similar but not the same.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have one of these which is similar but not the same.
I tried to order one a while back but it didn't arrive. Logged on to AE last night and seen this in my basket, it had dropped in price from $35.

I'll have a look at it. Got half a dozen shock pumps already and none of them read the same :rolleyes:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Just got my elita1 cabron saddle. Looks pretty mint. Minimal padding. Arrived in a box, packed in foam, and with a dust cover.
Lightest saddle I’ve ever owned.

Will wait and see what the durability is like. Hopefully I don’t get splinters in my cheeks.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just got my elita1 cabron saddle. Looks pretty mint. Minimal padding. Arrived in a box, packed in foam, and with a dust cover.

Will wait and see what the durability is like. Hopefully I don’t get splinters in my cheeks.

I've got a similar saddle that I've never used. Does anyone know if you're meant to use different adaptors for the carbon rails? It's just I noticed there are different adaptor clamps available for them.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I've got a similar saddle that I've never used. Does anyone know if you're meant to use different adaptors for the carbon rails? It's just I noticed there are different adaptor clamps available for them.
I just used the same clamp. Apparently it’s only side clamps you can’t use with oval rails?

Edit: made sure to keep low nm on bolts

Last edited:

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I ran a AE carbon post for a while without issue and a carbon railed WTB Volt without babying it. So long as you don't crush the rails by over-tightening, I'd be surprised if you run into issues under normal use.

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
I’m looking to replace the bearings on a few DT Swiss hubs.
I have a 240 148x12 rear, 350 157x12 rear, 240 110x12 front and 350 110x20 front
I also have a dt Swiss Ebike specific rear hub that is 148x12

At @2:48 in this video (
) showing the bearings being replaced they use a “Ring nut removal tool”
At @4:49 in the same video they use an “axle protector tool”

Just wondering if anyone has found any cheap aliexpress equivalents for these tools?

For the ring nut removal tool I found this
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003480421530.html
and
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33033055789.html
and
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004000047933.html

Not sure which one to go with.
I also haven’t found anything equivalent to the Axle protector or the hub setting installation tool

I'll also need 6902 and 6805 bearings. Am I best off ordering these from somewhere like diymtb, etc.. or has anyone found anything good on aliexpress?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a carbon Specialized saddle a few years ago and broke the rails. I wouldn't trust one from Ali, carbon rails up the date wouldn't be fun (unless that's your thing).
I got one of those digital shock pumps but it had the wrong Schroeder fitting on the end and would leak air before sealing. I swapped it over with another one and now just fine. Pump screen turns off after 10 seconds which drives me mad.
I purchased a couple of those cheap blue chain cleaners off Ali, they're shit.

notime

Likes Dirt
My first Ali purchase around 5 years ago was a carbon saddle the same as pictured above. I recall it was $40 delivered. I'm still using that saddle today and I'm not a light weight. I've broken Fizik carbon rails before but the Ali saddle it still perfect and extremely comfortable for me.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Rode the saddle on Sunday. Comfortable flex. Uncomfortable thin pointy nose that stabbed me in the thigh. Need to get used to that. Probably needs some tilt adjust.

Had one OTB where my saddle hit the ground and seatpost spun a little. Still in one piece. No cracks.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk