All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Anyone bought brake pads off Ali? Recipe for disaster or ok?

I bought some and tried them. Ok in dry conditions( either full on braking or not much braking bite) but definetly don't like the wet conditions. I took them off last week. It's some what alarming when you go for the brake and not much happens.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
I have too. Can’t remember what store and tbh I reckon they all come from the same factory anyway.

I run the in the back and they’ve always gone well.
[/QUOTE

Not sure about the same factory bit. I replaced those sport ex ones with cooma full metal pads. There alot better.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Any hub recommendations from Ali?
DT Swiss 350 or Hope Pro 4 equivalent

Chasing Boost/6 Bolt/HG in 28 or 32 hole
Funn Fantom 102t
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOI3SmQ
I've found them to be pretty much bullet proof with plenty of POE.

Essentially the same hub as the Spank Hex and the Nukeproof Horizon V2 so spares are very easy to source. Including all steel drivers for e-bike use.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Given how cheap Uberbike are in a 4 pack, is it really worth it?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
No stock and no ETA currently. Still got some life in my current Race Matrix so will hold out for a bit. Just looking at options.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
No stock and no ETA currently. Still got some life in my current Race Matrix so will hold out for a bit. Just looking at options.
BroBike pads from NZ are pretty good too. Been running them for a while now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All the brake analysis you do and now you are going to run Ali pads :p that's about the equivalent of running retreads on a Lambo.

I use these on my gravel bike, reckon they are only on the rear so far and also have a 4 pack of them for Shimano 4 pots as emergency pads, located in tool box, car, Melrose etc... I have not run them on a MTB or on a bike that requires serious braking so no reviews but they were recommended on here by someone a while back.

Trickstuff Power pads FWIW, they take any set of brakes to another level. Been running them for years on my bigger bikes.

shiny

All the brake analysis you do and now you are going to run Ali pads :p that's about the equivalent of running retreads on a Lambo.

I use these on my gravel bike, reckon they are only on the rear so far and also have a 4 pack of them for Shimano 4 pots as emergency pads, located in tool box, car, Melrose etc... I have not run them on a MTB or on a bike that requires serious braking so no reviews but they were recommended on here by someone a while back.

Trickstuff Power pads FWIW, they take any set of brakes to another level. Been running them for years on my bigger bikes.
Re-treads on a Lambo. Ha. No Trickstuff for Dominions other option is Galfer.

@fjohn860 will check out Bro Pads.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'm going to be getting some Race Matrix stuff when it comes back in stock too, I'm waiting for Dominion pads. Perhaps we (and others) can combine postage.
I'd be keen on some Guide and Code pads if a group thing happens. I was going to grab some BroBike pads, but they don't seem to ship to AU any longer.

shiny

I'm going to be getting some Race Matrix stuff when it comes back in stock too, I'm waiting for Dominion pads. Perhaps we (and others) can combine postage.
Based in SA so not sure if it will benefit me and post is usually around £10 via Royal Mail