All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

jrewing

Eats Squid
All the brake analysis you do and now you are going to run Ali pads :p that's about the equivalent of running retreads on a Lambo.

I use these on my gravel bike, reckon they are only on the rear so far and also have a 4 pack of them for Shimano 4 pots as emergency pads, located in tool box, car, Melrose etc... I have not run them on a MTB or on a bike that requires serious braking so no reviews but they were recommended on here by someone a while back.

Trickstuff Power pads FWIW, they take any set of brakes to another level. Been running them for years on my bigger bikes.
Those yellow cooma pads work unreal. If you like grabby power youll like them. Locked the rear too much in the rear for my liking. Work all the way down Maydena no worries.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Those yellow cooma pads work unreal. If you like grabby power youll like them. Locked the rear too much in the rear for my liking. Work all the way down Maydena no worries.
Good to hear. I only have them as emergency spares at the moment but by the sounds of it, they'll be easy donated replacements for my boys bikes.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Interesting those yellow/gold cooma pads are a touch grabby on the front of my bike but thats ok I like a rather strong front brake. On the rear of my bike with the gold cooma pads there is more modulation than the front. Those sport X pads locked the rear up to much in the dry in the wet they didn't lock up at all in fact they didn't work at all for at least 20 minutes until they dried out.

rtd

Likes Dirt
I was tempted for the Ripley when I had it but ended up going for the 380g option which still built up to a stupid-light wheel anyway. Held up just fine while I had the bike, not sure how it's doing now - @rtd ?

Seems like playing with fire for a longer travel bike like a Ripmo though.
Has held up really well and is copping a flogging here in Toowoomba. Thought I'd only ride it for XC laps but have found myself doing everything on it, so I've been really impressed with the wheelset.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Used my bearing press finally. I think @Labcanary posted it when I saw it, so thanks!

I think it was this one, but with no case.

Works well. It’s only the press side. So I had to use a large socket (circa 30mm) on the opposite side to allow the bearings to push out. But pushing them all in was super easy. Lots of does come with it. I doubt I’ll use most of them.
I have to say, spinning the handle on and off is fun for the first bearing, then really tedious. Makes me wonder if there are ratchet or other systems out there that push up close to the bearing before you have to spin?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I think it was on here, but I've searched and nothing has come up.

Someone posted a website "something-something-panda or yeti something"

It was a website to see which Chinese companies supply to the big name brands.

Anyone know the website?

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
@fjohn860
Devinci? Stolen from ridemonkey but thought this was a really great tool to figure which factories make multiple brands of frames.

here You can find that VERY IMPRESSIVE PROSPECT CO. LTD pump out devinci and evil and pivot

Giant really dominate supplying scott, trek, yeti, wahoo and a host of others.

Here you can see that V I P Sports manufacture niner, Ibis, yeti, tennis racquets

Import Yeti (nothing to do with yeti) Was also a useful tool to figure out where companies ship bikes.

View attachment 373683

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Ive got these on the back, 2 rides in and I actually really rate them. Didn't take long to bed in, 5-10min and good to go.
I'm going to take a punt on their pads.

One question though, I've read that you should change rotors if you change pad type so would I need to do so if I use ceramic pads or are they similar enough to organic not to bother?

Ceramic -

Resin -

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

One question though, I've read that you should change rotors if you change pad type so would I need to do so if I use ceramic pads or are they similar enough to organic not to bother?

Ceramic -

Resin -
Don't bother. Just give the rotors a gentle sand with emery paper and clean well with isopropyl. Then make sure to re-align the calipers and bed in properly.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Ceramic -

Resin -
I had mixed results with these, not much bite and a lot of noise - though I was already having issues with a certain rotor and Shimano pads also weren't working either, so probably not valid feedback.

Still have a bunch of them, should probably chuck them in on new rotors and see how they do.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Ive got these on the back, 2 rides in and I actually really rate them. Didn't take long to bed in, 5-10min and good to go.
I've been using these front and back for a few months now no problems work well espically in the wet like we have had for the last couple of months. I just got Shimano RT 86 and RT76 rotors when the cooma pads and buckios rotors wear out I'll compare them to Shimano. Could be a while though.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I had mixed results with these, not much bite and a lot of noise - though I was already having issues with a certain rotor and Shimano pads also weren't working either, so probably not valid feedback.

Still have a bunch of them, should probably chuck them in on new rotors and see how they do.
With both resin and ceramic or just one of them?

zooks

Likes Dirt
I've gone through heaps of these in the last 3 years. They work perfectly fine.
I've used the dirtbike versions for the last 10 years.
I've been using these front and back for a few months now no problems work well espically in the wet like we have had for the last couple of months. I just got Shimano RT 86 and RT76 rotors when the cooma pads and buckios rotors wear out I'll compare them to Shimano. Could be a while though.
Excellent!!