All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
They were great pedals for $30.. I don't know how other pedals are constructed and if they have a fail safe if the outer bearing fails or not.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They were great pedals for $30.. I don't know how other pedals are constructed and if they have a fail safe if the outer bearing fails or not.
The one up composites are still made by the outer nut holding everything together, but most pedals are held together by the outer nut.

danncam

Likes Dirt

Grabbed these as my knobby tired set for my anvil weight steel Marin Nicosia gravel bike.
The postage was a bit but they arrived in 14 days, which is pretty good. They come taped (poorlyish).
Seems straight and well built for the money. Also grabbed some cheapo tubeless valves and hiland rotors. The rotors are the bits I'm worried about the most but it's a gravel bike with 160 rotors, she'll be right...right?
They went together tubeless easily, just waiting on the cluster now.IMG-20221222-WA0001.jpegIMG-20221222-WA0001.jpeg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
AU $7.38 40%OFF | ZTTO 4Pairs MTB Semi Metal BIke Brake Pads Quiet Ceramic For Bicycle Disc Brake M8020 M6100 mt200 Guide Code E9 DB ER MT6 MT4

I got the Shimano / TRP / other 4 pot version.

I've run them for a while now on my hardtail, which I've only been running a rear brake on. 90% single trail, nothing full on downhill, but some decent stops and a few wet rides thrown in too.

Excellent value for money, not noisy, stop well, bed in quickly and haven't disintegrated our blown up.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Excellent value for money, not noisy, stop well, bed in quickly and haven't disintegrated our blown up.
As much as Ali stuff might be questionable at times and it takes time to be confident to sort out the good and bad, I have to give them huge credit for getting so many products out so cheaply.

I'm all good to buy original bits but the lure of 'You know it is probably made at the same place as other brand name goodies' can't be ignored.

We pick our battles of course, but geeez....... It is hard to ignore.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
As much as Ali stuff might be questionable at times and it takes time to be confident to sort out the good and bad, I have to give them huge credit for getting so many products out so cheaply.

I'm all good to buy original bits but the lure of 'You know it is probably made at the same place as other brand name goodies' can't be ignored.

We pick our battles of course, but geeez....... It is hard to ignore.
I lost the 60t fovno battle.

It was a brief sortie :confused:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I lost the 60t fovno battle.

It was a brief sortie :confused:
10km IIRC.

I don't trust anything hub related on there, maybe as they go on in years they might master metallurgy of those small intricate parts.
My first Fovno 60t got 900km and failed halfway down Blue Tier.

Second is still going after 1200km.

I've given up carrying the spare original.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I don't trust anything hub related on there, maybe as they go on in years they might master metallurgy of those small intricate parts.
IMG_20220716_140216.jpg

giphy.gif